1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fk coilover knocking

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by briggsy, Oct 27, 2010.

1. briggsy

briggsy New Member

Hi guys I recently fitted some fk coilovers and when ever I go over the tiniest of bumps there's a loud knocking comes from the front?? I've checked that all nuts and bolts etc are tight which they are so I'm a bit stumped!! Anyone got any ideas what it might be?? Thanks
  2. FUNKYCLIFF

FUNKYCLIFF Member

Could it be your suspension bushes???. If they have not been replaced before
  3. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

I had the same problem with the AP coilover setup. It sent me crazy all the bushes and conntrol arm's were fine. I could not wait to take them off after only 2 month's. I now running eibach suspension with no problem's.
  4. ultramodz

ultramodz 06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

I've had no problems with my FK Konigsports - they've been on the car for around 2 years now.
  5. jaceyq

jaceyq Member

if is it a sort of rubbery noise then that could be where the mechanics left the old rubber or shock protector on which is rubbing with the new one evertime you hit a bump... too cut a long story sort just jack up and put enough grease between and it should stop the problem. if it is ...
  6. ashley1

ashley1 Member

Hey guys... I fitted FK AK Street coilovers a couple of months ago and have the same problem. Did you ever sort them out briggsy???
  7. Triple.O.G

Triple.O.G Active Member

I had FK AK streets in 2010 and had the same problem. to put it simply its because there sh*t, save for some slightly better ones and get rid or they'll drive you mad.
  8. lawsy

lawsy New Member

think thats what I'm going to do - 4 months of knocking on the FK Stree coilies and replacing on the multiling too..

bin the coilies and get some proper suspension
  9. SinghB7

SinghB7 Member

Must be fiitted incorrectly, I had cheap JOMs and fitted them myself, they were perfect.

Sounds like you had a loose top mount.
  10. ukphillad

ukphillad Member

+1 :)