Fixing L Plates To The Front Of The Car

Migwire

Reaction score
The wife is learning to drive and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions other than the adhesive L plates for fixing them to the front of the car? I'm lead to believe the bonnet on the 8V is aluminum? Ideally I want to be able to take them off when not in use.

Could you not fix it to the grille with some of those twist-stick things that you usually find round cables in packaged electrical kit, or maybe some releasable zip-ties?

Reactions: Migwire
Get 'er indoors proper driving lessons, that way you wont have to worry about affixing L plates, or having to find some one to refurbish your wheels and your lovely A3 wont die of shame........................

Probably can't do that - not sure what the law actually says but I bet it needs to be on the outside of the car somewhere!

"Vehicles. Any vehicle driven by a learner MUST display red L plates. In Wales, either red D plates, red L plates, or both, can be used. Plates MUST conform to legal specifications and MUST be clearly visible to others from in front of the vehicle and from behind. Plates should be removed or covered when not being driven by a learner (except on driving school vehicles).
Law MV(DL)R reg 16 & sched 4"

Probably comes under 'clearly visible'

Cheaper to buy her lessons with an instructor in the long run. getting the A3 repaired after she's reversed into a concrete post or something.