Fitting wiper stalk with DIS

Hi, This "pin 1" that i have to slice into, is it in the new stalk i have got coming or somewhere else, got a bit confused with this thread. Thanks

It will need to be coded with VCDS mate.

Also as you do not have the washer level sensor, a warning will be thrown up on your DIS to say washer level low. Now there are two options to take, most take the 2nd option as it is cheaper and can live without the sensor as they never had it in the first place.

1. Order new bottle and sensor and install.
or
2. Splice in to Pin 1 in the connector behind the instrument cluster, the one to the right if you are looking up from the footwell. You will then need to ground the other end if the wire. Job done, no warning!

Now to do the install of the stalk, if you have ever fitted cruise, then follow the exact same procedure apart from the coding at the end.
I suggest if you don't have cruise and have the MFSW, then you will have the correct module for cruise, so install all at the same time.

PM your email address and i will send you a guide. there use to be one about on thd net but i cant seem to find it.

Just a suggestion, but if your near London, I could fit both for you.
Hi mate, just looking at retro cruise and dis, can u explain when you say pin 1,so do i have to take dash out to find this or will it be visible once i remove steering colum covers