1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitting Wing Mirrors - anything i should know?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by IanL-S3, Jan 17, 2005.

1. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

[Jan 17, 2005]
    Hopefully my replacement mirrors arrive today.
    They are non electrics. Is there anything i should know before i attempt the job? Or is it all straight forward.

Also is there a fuse that relates to the electric/heated mirrors so i can remove it to dissconnect power to the now dangling wires which were connected to the OEM mirrors?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. C_Audiboy

C_Audiboy Vroom Vroom

[Jan 17, 2005]
    Hope all goes well Ian, which mirrors did you go for?

It must be frustrating being off the road for something like this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Sorry I cant help you with the techie bits!! I suppose the manual will tell you the fuse locations and uses?
  4. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

[Jan 17, 2005]
    Hi Chris(i think!)
    I went for cheapy £30 ones off ebay.

I got them today and they look alright. But they can be painted. They aren't elec, heated or blindspot, but they are tinted though!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif For £10 i could have had indicators /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and for 90 electrics but no point where i live!!

They turned up today with a big scratch on them!! But the place i bought them from a sending new set to arrive tomorrow which is good service and unexpected!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I guess since nobody's replied its just a very simple job. I don't have the car at the mo to look and see myself.

Will do some digging re:electrics

Cheers
    Ian
  5. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member