Fitting Vortex Side Skirts

RobinA3

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone fitted their own vortex side skirts?

Mine are going to be sprayed this weekend and i am wondering how hard they are to fit?

The thing is that the place i am going to are booked up for 4 weeks and will only be able to spray them for me this weekend, i was thinking about putting them on myself but i wanna know how hard it is to do so before doing so.

I did mine myself and didnt find it that difficult although I constantly pestered Boydie for instructions :)

Its more scary than difficult I reckon, just be sure you read the instructions carefully and take time with the prep work and you should be ok. Deffo a 2 man job tho. Make sure your instruction manual has all the pages in, mine had loads of bits missing. It didnt mention anything about removing the side strips.

as said - deffo a 2 man job and once put in correct position, plaster is in masking tape and DO NOT DRIVE for several hours to allow the bonder the harden

also, be carefull not to push the skirt up close to the door as it will catch - my passenger side catches a bit :( so there is a faint white line from where the door always hits the skirt :(

Boydie said:
as said - deffo a 2 man job and once put in correct position, plaster is in masking tape and DO NOT DRIVE for several hours to allow the bonder the harden

also, be carefull not to push the skirt up close to the door as it will catch - my passenger side catches a bit :( so there is a faint white line from where the door always hits the skirt :(

don't suppose you could just quickly give me a run through of what needs to be done could you?

i got the instructions but the diagrams are like they have been created by a 2yr old.

Im going to get a set of these shortly as someone has tried to jack my car up on the sill and damaged it and so i need to hide it. Is it just a case of bonding them on they dont require any holes to be drilled do they?

Nah no drilling on the Votex ones, theres one screw in the front wheel arch and the rest is adheisve.

either side of the door at the bottom there are 2 strips - these just peel off but you do need a bit of force but is easy enough

ideally you will want the car jacked up as it will be a pain to bend down that far to fit them

clean the areas as there will be muck and dirt behind these strips

remove front mudflaps

put the stickers which are supplied over the holes on the car - you will see what i mean when you take the strips off

put the red rectangular stickers on the skirt which help adhesion

you should have 2 small brackets per skirt that fit on the bottom which will rest on the sill under the car - screw these on

then just add bonder to the edge of the skirt and get a friend to help you fit them

there is a rubber plate at the rear arch which can be awkward to move the skirt in - i had to cut one of them :( but dont worry about it

after you have successfully fitted them, get your mate to hold the skirts on while you cover the skirts in masking tape and to the car to help the bonder set

and as said DO NOT DRIVE for a few hours at least

use spirits or petrol to remove excess bonder

Boydie said:
either side of the door at the bottom there are 2 strips - these just peel off but you do need a bit of force but is easy enough

ideally you will want the car jacked up as it will be a pain to bend down that far to fit them

clean the areas as there will be muck and dirt behind these strips

remove front mudflaps

put the stickers which are supplied over the holes on the car - you will see what i mean when you take the strips off

put the red rectangular stickers on the skirt which help adhesion

you should have 2 small brackets per skirt that fit on the bottom which will rest on the sill under the car - screw these on

then just add bonder to the edge of the skirt and get a friend to help you fit them

there is a rubber plate at the rear arch which can be awkward to move the skirt in - i had to cut one of them :( but dont worry about it

after you have successfully fitted them, get your mate to hold the skirts on while you cover the skirts in masking tape and to the car to help the bonder set

and as said DO NOT DRIVE for a few hours at least

use spirits or petrol to remove excess bonder

fantastic, i'll give it a shot this weekend.

Just noticed that the stuff they give you with the skirts to glue them on has gone hard, does anyone know what else i could use to glue the skirts onto the car?

got some Sikaflex from uniparts for it now, i'll be fitting them on sunday pending weather pending