1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitting vmaxx coilies, one tool missing.?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by jakeward46, Sep 16, 2011.

1. jakeward46

jakeward46 Member

Rigt this is getting to me now, coilovers arrive Monday, however I've looked at the tools needed and there is a 14mm 12point triple square drive socket to get the strut out the clamp.
    Ive been to three shops now, all having full Walls of hex drives and 10 points but no 12's. No one has them, I've tried eBay but all in America? Surely there is somewhere I can get one, anyone that's fitted coilies or springs where did you get yours? Don't say your tool box :)
  2. Lings

Lings Active Member

Got mine from Euro car parts
  3. Lings

Lings Active Member

Sorry i was going to buy a set from there ,But ended up buyng mine from cromwells in Coventry for £7
  4. jakeward46

jakeward46 Member

Cheers, did you order online or go to there shop.

Had a quick look at the front top mounts today and I didn't realise the plastic cover that's sits just back from the Bonnet and goes up to the windscreen, it covers the top mount bolts, looked like a big job taking it off. how do I get round this?
  5. bluequattro

bluequattro Member

did you try hellfrauds m8
  6. jakeward46

jakeward46 Member

If you mean halfords, yes they were useless didn't even know what one was and then I asked for spring compressors he didn't know what they were either lol

Just bought one on the internet should come tuesday intime for fitment, went to my local wolds engineering shop today and there was a set of spring compressors £28 so i snapped them up. Hope its all worth it :/
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  7. timmythechef

timmythechef Starin' Through My Rear View

I got a c spanner if you need that, that didnt come with my vmaxx
  8. jamessg1962

jamessg1962 Member

Is this a fancy name for a TORX head socket, or is it something completely different ?
  9. jakeward46

jakeward46 Member

Same sort of thing but torx head socket is 6 point where as I need a 12 point.