1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitting springs

Dazmo May 22, 2010

1. Dazmo

Dazmo Active Member

Got around to fitting my springs today.

Only i did`nt end up doing it because i didnt realise you had to remove half the engine just to change the f****g springs!

How difficult do they make it just to do the smallest of things, its insane, so i have got a quote of £180 for fitting from my local garage.

Anyone know in leicestershire/derbyshire anywhere that would be capable and could do it for less than that?, got to be someone familiar with audis by the looks of things.

I did however fit my RS4 rear sway bar and WOW what a sodding difference,amazing!

2. cyrusK

cyrusK New Member

Good to hear about the rarb.What about the front brakes?

3. Dazmo

Dazmo Active Member

Bought those front a6 discs mate and they were too big, the height difference was massive, so back to drawing board!

4. cyrusK

cyrusK New Member

I've no idea about rates for changing springs,but it's something I wouldn't attempt nowadays without hydraulic spring compressors.You could try Brake Parts in Lancashire for new discs.

5. Marrow

Marrow Member

I think £180 is a good price mate I would go with that !
    I know its a right pain of a job never heard of it being half an engine out job though ?