1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitting Sat Nav RNS-e to A4

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by chasdrury, Jul 20, 2005.

1. chasdrury

chasdrury Member

Hi guys

I have a 2004 A4 with double din already, so, to fit SatNAV (DVD version) what do I need - I am assuming the unit with a disc, GPS atenna and do I need any wiring harnesses or anything? Also, will directions display on my DIS or do I need another box to do this?

Final Question and the most important really, will my phatnoise still work with this RNS-e unit?

Cheers

Chaz

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

You should PM craig for info. Search for posts in this section on his Sat nav fitting service....

4. Sent you an email.

Craig

5. phil1978

phil1978 Member

Craig,

I'm also quite interested in this. Could you shed some light. Thanks in advance.

6. B6 & B7 A4's really easy to do, hardest part is installing the the GPS receiver somewhere.

Everythng will still work, CD/phatnoise/Telephone/BOSE

Only thing that woint work after an upgrade is the TV if you have one, that will need a new tuner.

I can supply and fit the units for you, coded for your cars tyres/dash/ICE etc

12 months warranty

Craig

7. kenny_boon

kenny_boon Active Member

how hard is it to instal the gps receiver?

8. Not too difficult, it needs good line of sight of the sky, without obstruction from metal. Some people put them on the dash I prefer them under the dash above the glove box on an A4, or behind the cluster on an A6.