Fitting rear seat backs - slight problem

AndyMac

Retired from service
Reaction score
My new car is a lovely black B6 TDi 130 sport, the only issue is the cloth interior.
Picked up a superb black leather/alcantara interior with door cards on ebay from an 08 saloon, which is now installed, all apart from the rear seat backs. The new rear seats are the folding ones while mine are non folding.
Foolishly thinking it would be relatively easy to install them albeit in non folding operation, I now realise the magnitude of the task.
Only Audi could go to the lengths of having 2 completely different designed chassis's in order to accomodate folding and non folding rear seats. When all models should have folding regardless (who on earth would not want them?)
Has anyone managed to do this? As it looks like I'd need to take the backs off the folding seats just to see what would be involved in getting them to fit and I don't want to ruin them if it's a non starter.
Help!

theres alot of cutting and welding involved then your gonna need the oem brackets from an avant etc etc
why dont you just take your seat back and the folding 1 to a trimmers and have them change the trims
iv had it done in the past and it turned out looking good

you wont get them fo fit like your thinking
2 ways chop the back end of the car up and weld in what you need

or my second option find a good trimmer have the leather took from the new ones fitted to your solid back

Bez your a legend! thats a brilliant idea about getting a trimmer to take the leather from the new and put on the old.
I also have none folding rear seats (didn't even think about checking when purchased the car as just assumed they would fold) and have been on the look out for leather for some time for the right price/colour/spec and didn't even think of doing this . . . . . . .

Thanks Bez

Can't believe the saloons don't have folding rear seats, how dumb is that??:shrug:

Just really wanted to know if anyone had successfully modded folding seats to fit a non folding model. Throwing more money at it is not really an option.