Fitting real Audi Parking sensors

Turkster

W.Bro.Paul 2.0d Q5 Quattro
Reaction score
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Website
www.facebook.com
Yes iv done the search and found retro fitting after market kits, but what about fitting a real Audi kit that was in another car ?

Iv got the sensors and the parking control box, my car has never had sensors fitted, fitting the sensors is easy, plugging the sensors to the box is easy, but powering it up and fitting the buzzer?

anyone ever done this one this way before ?

iv not done it on my car but have on a skoda you pick the feed up from one of the rear lights for power and the im told the buzzer goes under the rear parcel self so i was told and if not thats where i would put it

Yes iv done the search and found retro fitting after market kits, but what about fitting a real Audi kit that was in another car ?

Iv got the sensors and the parking control box, my car has never had sensors fitted, fitting the sensors is easy, plugging the sensors to the box is easy, but powering it up and fitting the buzzer?

anyone ever done this one this way before ?

Assuming you mean the dealer OEM kit (Part no. 8E0 054 630 A) and not the factory fit kit?
PM me your email address, I have scanned the install instructions and can send you a pdf - ~10MB.

Last edited:
Eh.... the dealer retro kit is just a re-branded cobra kit (I've fitted both the dealer and cobra kit to both my b7 A4s). The factory install integrates with the canbus system so you'll need a canbus feed if it is the factory fit sensors and control box you have.

Eh.... the dealer retro kit is just a re-branded cobra kit (I've fitted both the dealer and cobra kit to both my b7 A4s). The factory install integrates with the canbus system so you'll need a canbus feed if it is the factory fit sensors and control box you have.

The factory fit sensors also use a different bumper skin where they push in from the back?
Ditto on the CanBus connection as you mention for factory units.

My Audi "retrofit" kit was actually branded "Valeo" - I guess this could have been re-branded again!?

Last edited:
As per auroan - that Cobra kit looks identical to the badged Audi/Valeo kit, Part no. 8E0 054 630 A - even down to the little rings that you put over the sensors when spraying them for colour coding (looks like quad rings in ebay picture!)
I paid ~2 years ago £110 off Ebay for the genuine Audi kit, was £210 from Audi when I enquired at that time.

Cobra system makes finacial sense over the Audi one.

So is the Cobra kit Canbus then also, or just require power?

Thanks for the links and info so far.

So is the Cobra kit Canbus then also, or just require power?

Thanks for the links and info so far.

Retrofit kit from Audi and Cobra simply powers up when you select reverse via the reverse light feed.
Distance is calibrated by parking the car 50cm from a wall, (or similar solid based object) and cutting the calibration wire.

Factory fit kit is CAN-BUS and calibration is via VAG-COM/VCDS. You can also set tow bar presence via an adaption channel, etc..

]There seems to be a lot of demand for the instructions for the Audi kit Part no. 8E0 054 630 A, so I have decided to host it on my web space in the mean time - you can download it without having to PM me to email them to you.

Here is the >>Link<<
The pdf is now 8MB, (was able to compress it a little more), so make sure you save it to your PC after downloading.
This document may be removed from my web space owing to the size of it!

I have a question on rear parking too.
My A4 cab has had a replacement rear bumper put on, not by me but by previous owner and it has parking sensors already in it, they are not connected and have no wires from the back of them.
If i were to buy the Cobra kit from Ebay would i be able to use the other parts in the kit and use my sensors in which are already fitted and the same colour ??

Your existing sensors could have been damaged by water ingress if the cables are not fitted with the rubber boots.
The only way is to connect it all up and see if it works - every time you select reverse the beeper will initially beep once to acknowledge all is OK.
Worst case scenario - use the "new" sensors from the Cobra kit - typically £20 to get them sprayed / colour coded.

Note that the cabriolet according to Audi needs an additional "securing set, 8H0 054 630" - as per instructions page 28 - not sure how this applies to the Cobra kits if at all?

Last edited:
Yeah you're completely correct, the sensors are probably knackered as they dont have any rubbers protecting them.
I was just trying to cut corners.
I will give this Cobra kit a go and repost when fitted.

Can the rear sensors be colour coded? I don't like the idea of having 4 black circles on my rear bumper!

Can the rear sensors be colour coded? I don't like the idea of having 4 black circles on my rear bumper!

Yes of course - mentioned in Thread #12!!

Notes on spraying:
~£20 to spray the sensors to match your current car colour
or
~£1,000+ to respray your car black to match the sensors

The both the Audi and cobra kits come with the sensors mounted in a carboard box just so you can paint them. All thats needed is a can of paint and laquer from the dealers for about £12.

Since the sensors are originally black do they need to be painted for a black car, i.e. are they a different black?

Have a black A4 and very interested in adding parking sensors but never sprayed anything before so that would put me off doing it.

Ive just had the cobra parkmaster kit fitted to the back of mine and its perfect for what I want.

£65 from ebay rather than the same kit Audi branded for £££ more.

Since the sensors are originally black do they need to be painted for a black car, i.e. are they a different black?
Have a black A4 and very interested in adding parking sensors but never sprayed anything before so that would put me off doing it.
Depends on how fussy you are on finishes and detail?
My car is a Pearl Effect Ebony Black, and the virgin sensors were shiny plastic black so lacking that speckle of "glitter" if that makes any sense.
A local bodyshop that deal with Chelmsford Audi did them for me - just gave them the paint code (LZ9W) and they sorted it for £20 cash which I thought was very reasonable.

Depends on how fussy you are on finishes and detail?
My car is a Pearl Effect Ebony Black, and the virgin sensors were shiny plastic black so lacking that speckle of "glitter" if that makes any sense.
A local bodyshop that deal with Chelmsford Audi did them for me - just gave them the paint code (LZ9W) and they sorted it for £20 cash which I thought was very reasonable.

Thanks. Not sure i'd be that fussy so might just leave the spraying off. Have to buy them first though. :)

Dear Woorlord,

I am trying to download "the instructions for the Audi kit Part no. 8E0 054 630 A", but I am getting a corrupt file message on trying to open it. Would you be able to investigate please?
Many thanks.

Dear Woorlord,

I am trying to download "the instructions for the Audi kit Part no. 8E0 054 630 A", but I am getting a corrupt file message on trying to open it. Would you be able to investigate please?
Many thanks.

Dear Woorlord,

Many thanks.

Try it now - have uploaded the file again - original link now works OK.

does anyone have any pics of the fitted sensors ?

ive seen some that look 'flush' in the back bumper and some that are slightly raised

Slighty raised ones are the after market/oem dealer fit. The flush ones are factory fit and are actually a different bumper/sensor package.

I'm tempted to add these to my car... I have only had it a few days and miss the ones I had on the E90, how much would a dealer charge to do the fit (there is no way I am drilling holes in my own bumper lol)

Ok, so I'm new to all this and I got lost half way down this thread. Basically I've got an Audi A3 sport with no sensors. I've bought an S3 rear bumper with sensors. Is it possible I can buy all the factory fitting parts to set up my parking sensors. An auto electrician told me that the genuine Audi retro fit kit won't work with the sensors already on the bumper.