Fitting porsche wheels

G"MAN

GONE LOW BUT GOING LOWER
Reaction score
hi

im looking at fitting some porsche cup 1 and the offset is 23 fronts and 15 rear so i was wondering what size adaptors will i need i allready know i need to get 112-130pcd to fit the porsche stud pattern..

i think not sure but all a3's have a et of 45 so do i need get adaptors that add up to the 45 et. so for the front a 20-25mm and the rear a 30mm

sorry about ramberling on and hope ya understand what i mean

thanks G

They won't fit G-Man simple as. If they are porsche wheels you need ones with offsets of 57etc and higher, but obviously depending on widths etc. But those won't fit.

As Nate says the offset is already too low if you add adaptors they will go down not up i.e. the fronts with 10mm adaptor will go from ET23 to ET13 and so on

G"MAN;829871 said:
im looking at fitting some porsche cup 1 and the offset is 23 fronts and 15 rear so i was wondering what size adaptors will i need i allready know i need to get 112-130pcd to fit the porsche stud pattern..

i think not sure but all a3's have a et of 45 so do i need get adaptors that add up to the 45 et. so for the front a 20-25mm and the rear a 30mm

Dippends on a wheel width if they fit or not.. 6.5" is pretty near front fender line.
7" is 6mm more out
8" 19mm
9" 32mm

I think 8" might be possible if enought strech tyre :eyebrows:

Yeah the front will work if you can get 10mm adaptors the rear are too wide

how come that 9j wheels fit fine on the rear it only and extra inch cant be that bad surely dont mean to qeustion it but they cant be far off fitting..

G

9s fit with a couple mm between them and the suspension strut and stick out about 5mm past the arch so the 10 will stick out 30mm past the arch to stretch tyres enough to fit that is asking for trouble.

see im looking for that kinda theing the mad euro low and wide with mega stretch so if i wanted to do to get the best out of it would be best to find a 9j and space them out but say 10mm then to get what im looking for or a 9.5 and leav them as they are..

G

well i had bentleys on mine and they were9 inch and ET41 so they sat just right. Id say 9s as the biggest to go for on an A3 but Nate (N8KOW) is the man to ask. ideally you need high offset say 65 then 25mm adaptors or ET55 and 15mm adaptors get as close to ET41 as pos and they will be fine.

Those 10s arent going to fit - i was looking at 20" bbs ch with 9.5" rear and they wouldnt fit either and i think the offset was too low too.

Right ok then that's cool thanks pep could you just explain the et and how it works is it that the higher the et the more it will sit out the arch and the lower it is the more it will sit in the arch..

Thanks G

instead of the porsche wheels these look nicer. a set of BENTLEY 20" GTC/FLYING SPUR ALLOYS THEY ARE 20" BY 9J ET 41..

ive seent them on a 3 door new shape a3 and but was wondering will they need serius arch work done or just some camber adjusters and some spacers

and i would have to put a big stretch on the tyres too so would a 225/30.20 be ok.

G