1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitting Pioneer AVH-P5900DVD Need Help!

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by thedozyone, May 29, 2009.

1. thedozyone

thedozyone New Member

[May 29, 2009]
    :think:
    Hi

I'm new to Audi but have to say I'm loving it :D

I have a 2005 2 litre TDi S-line Saloon

I'm trying to fit a Pioneer AVH-P5900DVD but it needs to be connected to the handbrake line.

Anyone done this???

What colour wire is it?

Cheers

:racer:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. Richardesty

Richardesty loves quattro

[May 29, 2009]
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Audi.
    I've been here 6 months now - having spent 10 years with the Mazda gang!

I know this doesn't directly answer your question but all that wire is, is an earth connection.

I don't know about the Audi - but most cars make an earth connection when you apply the handbrake - thus completing the circuit for the 'handbrake warning light' on the dash. If the Audi is the same there'll be a sprung loaded connection with a wire attached to it (probably brown for earth on the Audi) - this will be the wire to connect to.

That said though - and considering my first paragraph:

Connecting to this means that your DVD screen will only work when your handbrake is applied - and therefore the car is stationary.

If you just connect it to an earth - the screen will 'always work' - even when the car is on the move..........just don't get caught watching Fast and Furious by the Rozzers - whilst driving!

I did this on my last car, and have to say it's no more distracting that having Sat Nav on.:huh:

Rich
  4. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[May 29, 2009]
    I have the AVH P4000 double din unit , and it isn't an earth, they have made it more clever than that somehow. I had to buy a little box of electronics to allow mine to work when handbrake off. I got it from Ebay.com, was around £20. I tried the old earth trick and it deffo didnt work for me. I will look for a linky now and edit accordingly

This is what i have
    http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-VIDEO-L...4|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50
  5. thedozyone

thedozyone New Member

[May 29, 2009]
    Hi guys

Thanks for the quick responses, I would prefer to wire up to the handbrake. Does anyone have a wiring diagram to trace the colour??

Cheers

Mark

P.S

Byzan, are there any UK stockists on this bypass box?

Cheers