Fitting new clocks from another S3

JoeD

Reaction score
My LCD is almost unreadable, if I bought a new set of clocks from another S3, would there be an issues in using them? Such as the immobiliser or anything else?

Cheers

as far as i know clocks are codded to the ECU and keys... I believe it is possible to recode with vag com but aint no expert my self

anyway, i'm pretty sure there's a company that fixes the LCD displays. Anyone else help out on this one?

The only way you can do this is if you know the PIN code for both your original clocks and the new clocks. If you do not have the pin code for either then you will need VAGDash to pull the pin codes. VagTacho will NOT work on the S3.

You can buy a replacement LCD off of eBay, it's about £35.

If its a facelift S3 Vagtacho is useless. I have tried on a 2001, 2002 and 2003 I think it might work on a 2000 model or older though.

It depends what reg is your car.

As lads said before if you know immo pin then you would be able to use new clocks. Otherwise you won't start your engine.

Mines a pre-facelift, registered in May 00'.

Is VAGDash like vagcom, just a different program? The clocks in consideration are also off a pre-facelift of the same year.

No idea on my orginal clocks pin or the new ones. I don't want to pay for something that is useless to me tho =/

Yours pre-facelift but it works on can so vagtacho may be useless. If your clock have analog clock then is pre but I think you have digital one already. So vag commander do the job.

Yea, my clocks are digital, with no analouge clocks, so if the clocks are also digital out of the pre-facelift I could technically get hold of the clockpins of each and simply replace the clocks?

You still need to get immo pin of the new clocks otherwise it won't work. And you need vag commander to get it out.