1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fitting my billy b8s this weekend...right choice?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by chazza55, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Gops

Gops Badger 5 Edition
    Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Audi S3

Nov 6, 2009
    My b8's and H&r's are wicked!! When my haldex wasnt working and only had FWD it still held on very very well! Now i have awd i cant wait to see how it handles! I was lucky enough to have the complete suspension set up tbh and the car came with tie arms (which ones they are i have no clue) but i swear it has rear negative camber.. should it be this way? It even shows on the wear of the tyre.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Ian W

Ian W Active Member

Oct 27, 2007

I'm assuming you did not go for the same model tie bar again?
  4. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

Nov 11, 2009
    Quite a few of these tie bars failing.........alot because they use mild steel adjusters, so once set they get set.... like a typical tie rod end and seize..not good..
  5. Mr.G

Mr.G Active Member

Nov 4, 2008
    While I agree with you completely I am not one for upsetting people, I'm more than happy to pay for new tie arms if the part has failed and is out of warranty. The simple fact is regardless of what warranty should be on the tie arms 12 months is all there was.

I will for the record state that they are the Comp Brake tie arms, failed in a major way. Mild steel bolts which seized badly and therefore rendered the tie arm almost inoperable, loose and dangerous. Again, it's not really Awesome's fault, I know they are supplying the parts but they are the suppliers not manufacturers. Awesome in my opinion need to go back to Comp Brake and review all the products that are supplied/manufactured. It's not the first time a Comp Brake part has failed on my car. Needless to say I won't be getting any more parts from Comp Brake, directly or indirectly.

It is the responsibility of the supplier to check the longevity and quality of the parts they supply imo. I'm a very lucky person to have an MOT tester who pays super attention to the fine details, not just "oh just pass it" attitude. Could have been a very different story.

I went for the Forge tie arms in the end, but if these fail (will be keeping a close eye) then neuspeed will be the way I go next. Neuspeed ARB's on my car are very very good and have been a very worthwhile investment. I'm sure that the other products they manufacture would be spot on also.

6. Alex C

Alex C Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User Audi S3

Jan 26, 2010

Thankyou Dave! lol