1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitting Kappas to S3

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by imported_Strider81, Apr 21, 2005.

1. imported_Strider81

imported_Strider81 Guest

[Apr 21, 2005]
    Kappa Infinity 5000CS

http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.aspx?ProdId='REF5000CS'&Ser=REF&Cat=COS

Kappa Infinity 6502i
    http://international.infinitysystems.com...anguage=ENGLISH.

Any help wud be appreciated- could someone tell me how difficult/easy it will be to fit these into my s3? im clueless on fitting stuff and thought i might have a go myself.

Kindly BigShout is including all the adaptors etc so its just a case of someone explaining to a novice how to get started and where everything goes?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 21, 2005]
    Pretty straight forward.
    The rears are a straight swap, make sure the adapter ring seals all the way round the speaker panel. Biggest problem is getting the rear panels out. Remove door sill trim, remove base of back seats and fold seats down. Open rear windows and prise up the window rubbers. Then it's just a case of brute force pulling the panels off the bodywork, 4 clipd up the door pillar and 3 along the top.
    For the front panels you need to remove the 2 visible screws at each end along the top, then remove the screw behind the grab handle push the plastic cuff down inside the grab handle and remove the 2 main screws holding the card to the door. Then open the window and pull the whole panel up and out. Disconnect all the electrics, and prise out the door lock cable.
    the tweeter needs to have some foam tape wrapped round it as it is smaller than 1" but fitting is obvious. The biggest problem is mounting the bulky Xovers. I rewired the front speakers and mounted the Xovers behind the glovebox, but you may be able to shoehorn them into the doors somewhere, otherwise it's a bit of a pig to rewire the doors.
  4. imported_Strider81

imported_Strider81 Guest

[Apr 22, 2005]
    woah-cheers for the reply anymac-i dont think i can trust myself to pull apart my car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif!

Better get a proffessional to do it me thinks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif(£!)

You dont do this for a living by ne chance do you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif
  5. AndyMac

[Apr 22, 2005]
    No just a hobby.
  6. imported_Strider81

imported_Strider81 Guest

[Apr 22, 2005]
    cool mate-well ive give it a go i think and if i mess up il take it somewhere- thanks again for the help mate.
  7. AndyMac

[Apr 23, 2005]
    It's not dfficult, just time consuming, take your time and you'll be fine
  8. imported_Strider81

imported_Strider81 Guest

[Apr 23, 2005]
    well il let you know how i get one!