Fitting induction kit on a 1.9 tdi 8p

8900120d

Reaction score
hi everyone, new to the forum, ive been doing some research and decided to get an induction kit, however i didnt want the K&N/pipercross etc due to the MAF problems caused.

anyway i bought a AEM dryflow filter, to avoid those MAF problems, but i only have the filter, and need to fit it on, does anyone have any pictures on how they fit their induction kits on this engine? also where can i buy the cold air pipes/hoses ? if anyone has fitted a cold air system please let me know what pipes i would need. thank you...

You'll be wasting your time and money

It'll sound like crap & more than likely run like crap too sucking in hot air

The standard air box & filter is good for 200bhp+

I agree with Boon. A hot air intake is useless(i.e no heat shielding for the filter). I suggest a proper Cold Air Intake. I Use an APR carbonio intake on my 2.0 TDI BMN engine. with the stock intake there was allot of throttle and turbo lag however with the APR intake i noticed a quicker throttle response and a bit more Torque (Not allot but definetly noticable). I also have a VWR intake on my 2007 Jetta TDI BKD and with the GIAC tune and 2.5" Turbo back exhaust it definetly makes a difference having an intake. But thats just my opinion and experience with Cold air intakes. Youll have to see for yourself if there is any difference. Cheers