1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitting In Pro Mirror Covers

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by sharma, Apr 27, 2008.

1. sharma

sharma Member

[Apr 27, 2008]
    Hi,

I just purchased a set of In Pro chrome mirror covers for my Audi A3. I was fitting them using the instructions below:

http://forums.audiworld.com/a4b7/msgs/58248.phtml

I took out the glass, the bottom panel and the mirror cover. I put the new cover on which went on correctly, however the bottom panel does not fit on correctly with the new mirror cover. I went back and had a look at the advert on Ebay and it said for cars 1996-2000. My car is a 2002 model. I cant' seem to find mirror covers for A3's between 2000 and 2002.

My question is should i not be putting the bottom panel back on (the mirror cover is not big enough to go around the bottom panel)? Or have i brought the wrong mirror covers for my car? And am i able to get the correct ones for my car?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. themanthatcan

themanthatcan Member VCDS Map User

[Apr 27, 2008]
    Sounds like you have a facelift car but have purchased pre-facelift mirror covers. They changed the shape of the mirrors slightly I believe.

Have never looked into the covers (my area is too dodgy..would get ripped off within days!) though so someone else will have to assist with where you can get the facelift ones.
  4. sharma

sharma Member

[Apr 27, 2008]
    Ok well if anyone knows where i can get chrome mirror covers for the facelift model please will you let me know. Also has anyone tried painting the mirrors in a matt or chrome finish, and if you have please let me know how they came out. Thanks.