1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fitting front springs guide

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by FumaS3, Jun 18, 2012.

1. FumaS3

FumaS3 Member

[Jun 18, 2012]
    hi guys had a quick look but cant see a fitting front spings guide any were my wife got me some lowering springs for my s3 for farthers day and as a replace the broken 1 on the front that has renderd the cart off road for 2 weeks. i have 4 rings coming round this friday to do a full service etc but would rather not pay the £70-80 it wold cost to fit the new springs per side if i can do it my self. from what i can see it should be stright forward also 1 pair of the springs are very short is this correct as im new to the whole modding thing there is no dodts on the springs
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. s33nyboy12

s33nyboy12 Well-Known Member

[Jun 18, 2012]
    Don't know of any posts but to do it yourself without previous experience difficulty rating 5/10 in my opinion.

You need jack, stands, spring clamps , socket set....... Decent spring clamps £30

I once had formula 1 auto centre fit me 4 springs for £60 ! I thought was cheap enough and not worth my effort at that!