Fitting Facelift 8P Xenon LED DRL Headlights to Pre Facelift

lakers1234

Reaction score
Hello there

I am new to this forum and my name is Austin

I have an 08 plate 2.0 Tdi S line 5 door sportback

I have bought everything to do the facelift black edition conversion

I've just bought the FACELIFT (2008+) DRL XENON HEADLIGHTS

I just want a STEP TO STEP guide on what I need to do, to get these to work properly

Now I have been through many of these threads, but I can't find one that's clear or one that doesn't have any sarcasm or off-topic comments.

Do I need to buy these adapters?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A3-8...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c85e3a05b

IF ANYONE KNOWS ANY OTHER WAY WHERE I DON'T HAVE TO BUY THE ADAPTERS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW

PLEASE HELP ME IN TELLING ME EXACTLY WHAT I NEED TO DO, AND THIS WILL HELP OTHERS IN THE FUTURE TOO.

Thanks

You're asking ALOT for a step by step. It's impossible as all cars are different, you need wiring diagrams, VCDS etc.

Find someone to fit it all for you who knows what they're doing as its a pretty complex job to explain in a forum post.

Reactions: Yolo_8p3
Sorry for the caps lock, it's not me being rude, I've just got a habit of doing it to highlight the important parts

When you type in caps locks it's classed as shouting and people tend not to bother with responding as it annoys quote a few.

Anyways
You need kufatec adaptors
Drl led headlights which u have
And bumper
The bonnet is the same and also the wings are
You need to install them all but the hardest part is installing the shutter and led wires in the ccm and then code them to the car

When you type in caps locks it's classed as shouting and people tend not to bother with responding as it annoys quote a few.

Anyways
You need kufatec adaptors
Drl led headlights which u have
And bumper
The bonnet is the same and also the wings are
You need to install them all but the hardest part is installing the shutter and led wires in the ccm and then code them to the car

Thanks mate,

And once again, I apologise about the caps lock

I spoke to a guy about getting some adapters off him as Kufatec don't have any in stock, and this guy is pretty sure that because I have Factory fitted Bi-Xenon headlights in my Pre-facelift, I don't need the adapters to do the facelift headlight conversion, I just need wires to go from the headlights to my control module??? Now I'm just completely bamboozled.
I don't even know where to begin any more
I plugged in the facelift Drl Xenon headlights into my A3 and the main xenon bulb part works fine, so does the indicator, the only things that don't work are the Led DRL and the high beam shutters.

Your getting me confused now can you confirm what year your car is or even a pic of the front end?

Your getting me confused now can you confirm what year your car is or even a pic of the front end?

I've inserted a picture of my Car, its the only pik I have off the front end.

I've also just put a picture together on 'Paint' to show what my headlight is like and what I want to convert it to.

Thanks

Attachments

• A3---.jpg
    A3---.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2,594
  • XENON.png
    XENON.png
    252 KB · Views: 3,864
Plenty of pictures please when you do the facelift. Is that black car the actual pic of your car? If you have preface-lift bi xenon not xenon like the second picture you posted, It should be near enough plug, code and play. If the new headlights are bi xenon adaptive, some more work will be needed. No need to change headlight switch.

I've not really done a xenon to xenon conversion before but I think all you have to do is have it coded as the plug already fits you need to have it all fitted for a start then just go from there the main thing is that you will still have indicator and dipped beams I guess till you do get it sorted

Plenty of pictures please when you do the facelift. Is that black car the actual pic of your car? If you have preface-lift bi xenon not xenon like the second picture you posted, It should be near enough plug, code and play. If the new headlights are bi xenon adaptive, some more work will be needed. No need to change headlight switch.

Hi, yes that's actually my car. The car is in the body shop at the moment so I will have to go down to take progress pics and pictures of the headlights. Mine are definitely Bi-xenons as I've just realised the difference between the two looking at the pictures. Thanks for pointing that out dude. First owner hasn't left a single box empty on the options list that's for sure.

I've not really done a xenon to xenon conversion before but I think all you have to do is have it coded as the plug already fits you need to have it all fitted for a start then just go from there the main thing is that you will still have indicator and dipped beams I guess till you do get it sorted

Yes, that's why I was a little confused when I plugged them in. I'll have a further play around with it and let you guys know. Thanks for now. Lol guarantee I'll be back for other issues

Sell me your old headlights :)

I'll have bonnet...bumper...wings... Mirrors..bi-xenon headlights...front grill.. Back bumper...s line spoiler, Bbs speedlines, m/f steering wheel with paddle shift, dsg gear stick, rear lights, rear bumper and s line badges for Sale in a few days. Will put them up in classifieds or just PM me.

I'll have bonnet...bumper...wings... Mirrors... Headlights...front grill.. Back bumper...s line spoiler, Bbs speedlines, m/f steering wheel with paddle shift, rear lights, rear bumper and s line badges for Sale in a few days. Will put them up in classifieds or just PM me.
Wow what did you do buy the whole other car in bits

Wow what did you do buy the whole other car in bits

Lol some times I wish I could have.... The amount this ****** things cost me. I've got receipts and paypal history for all of my parts luckily for when I sell it in the future.
For those that have done it.. Will know, this is not cheap.
And those that want to do it, be prepared to spend a few bob.

I've got two sets of
What wheels do you have for ot

I've got 3 sets of wheels, don't know which ones to put on just yet. I have genuine 18 inch black edition rotor wheels, 19 inch rotors reps and the new Rs4 wheels. 19 inch. To be honest mate, I'm in 2 minds to do an rs3 conversion if I'm doing all of this, but need to decide quick as the guy has done the bonnet for me and will continue after Xmas

I say you sell me the 18's and you put the 19s on

Reactions: lakers1234
Ok I'll make my up now to collect

Haha. I will decide in the next 24 hours. Then pm me and you can have them as long as we can agree on a price. I paid quite a bit for them as I just couldn't get hold of them. Thanks

Reactions: Yolo_8p3
Ok I'll make my up now to collect

Update. I'm doing the RS conversion and have managed to source the front bumper, side skirts (just got S3 ones) and back bumper (again S3 bumper with RS diffuser), just the wings and spoiler to get