Fitting Cruise Control.

W2 NCC

Modding along nicely!
Reaction score
I am interested in having the above fitted to my 2007 a4 avant, is it possible to have it fitted to the 1.8t?
Also what else would i need if i got this kit & is there anything else required to fit it & get it working?

eBay - Item # 280963940389

Thanks in advance
Nige.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link Sandra, i had a nosey through it but i hit a snag when it came to coding it in. I feel confident enough to fit it but don't have access to vcds to code it in, keep contemplating on buying a cable but don't want to end up bricking my car :eek:

It's quite easy mate. I managed :). Plus if you keep a note of anything you change it can be put back. Pushed the boat out a purchased the cable and it's been really helpful so far. You could always look for somebody local that has it and would sort you out

Reactions: W2 NCC
Might look into getting the lead then & see if i can find some nice fella to show me how to use it :sos:

Will check with the ebay seller if it is suitable for the avant, don't wanna get the wrong part to start of with ;)

If you get a lead make sure you get a genuine one. I've had a couple cheapo and they don't do much or last long. As for the cruise you'll want the stalk, lower steering wheel surround and possible the ccm module, clock spring depending what's fitted. I had to go whole hog as I didn't have dis or mfsw fitted

Without sounding too dumb here, what exactly is dis? Is it the dash? I have the mfsw fitted so hoping that's part of the problem sorted already. Well it looks like if i can't find anyone close to me to code it in then i may well just have to get one of those ross tech leads, i've heard about those classy chinese ones ;)

Without sounding too dumb here, what exactly is dis? Is it the dash? I have the mfsw fitted so hoping that's part of the problem sorted already. Well it looks like if i can't find anyone close to me to code it in then i may well just have to get one of those ross tech leads, i've heard about those classy chinese ones ;)
Where are you located and we will look see for anyone close to do a vcds scan? :) x

I'm in Derbyshire near jnc28 of the M1. I might just pay to get the cruise fitted.:)

Ok, contact site sponsor ash187 or nhn both can fit and code

Also try sposor Jb0o he in hartlepoole, he can fit/code as well. If you fit yourself and just need coding, click the map link in my signature and you will see those around you on the map, jstvsend them a private message (conversation) :) x

Dis is the trip computer. Mpg, average speed etc....

Thanks for that pal ;)

Ok, contact site sponsor ash187 or nhn both can fit and code

I will drop them a pm & see if they are ok to do it for me, Thanks for all your help, your a star.
I'll stop asking lots of questions when i learn abit more about these cars :thumbs up:

Reactions: Sandra
Thanks for that pal ;)

I will drop them a pm & see if they are ok to do it for me, Thanks for all your help, your a star.
I'll stop asking lots of questions when i learn abit more about these cars :thumbs up:

You ask as many questions as you like. That is the purpose of the forum, to help each other out. :) x

im in Sheffield

you will just need the stalk and lower cowl as you have MFSW you have the correct parts already fitted

dis is the average fuel used times distance to empty etc.

do you have buttons on the end of your wiper stalk ? if so that's dis sorted.

its about an hour tops to fit and code and yes going down hill if will keep its speed unless its very steep.

im in Sheffield

you will just need the stalk and lower cowl as you have MFSW you have the correct parts already fitted

dis is the average fuel used times distance to empty etc.

do you have buttons on the end of your wiper stalk ? if so that's dis sorted.

its about an hour tops to fit and code and yes going down hill if will keep its speed unless its very steep.

Yeah got the buttons on the wiper stalk, Thought it was that but was unsure what it was abbreviated for, don't tell me 'display'? :(

So if i was to order the parts i listed above from Audi, would you be interested in helping me out with the fitting & coding if i travelled up to you?

yeah I could sort it for you

Cheers Bez, just ordered the part from Audi so will be in touch when it arrives :icon thumright:

Pm sent also.

Alrite chaps. New to the forum. Ive got a 2005 b7 2.0 tdi it has the cruise control stork already fitted but doesnt work anybody in the north west around wigan area possible to code it in? It wud be appreicated only reason i bought it coz it had cruise

Andy

Probably clutch switch if fudged mate. About £15 and 5mins to fit (easily done, few guides on here)
Ive had it plugged in mate and got no fault codes up ive only had it on a snap on machine never vag com. I think a mate has vag com so ill plug it in and see wats the crack

either clutch or brake switch
very rare for them to show a fault code

unplug the clutch switch and bridge the plug test the cruise if it works then buy new audi or tps only and your sorted

if not working still them brake switch

Cheers boys nice one ill try bridge the switch on the clutch plug it easy to get to never really looked under my dash wiring isnt my fortay

Is there anyone in the midlands area who could help with the fitting & coding of this please, i have everything here to do :)

Help needed please!
Sorry to jump on this thread but,
I have just fitted my cruise control, my mate has tried coding it in with his genuine vdcs but it wouldn't let him go into coding 11 it wasn't lit up. It's says we need a security code to access it?? B7 2.0 tfsi 2004 (yes 2004)Can anyone help please??

anyone in newcastle able to fit this, just bought my car and wanting few things including this done.