Fitting Boost Gauge, which one?

willh92

Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to fit a boost gauge to my standard S3, can this be done without having it remapped and it just being standard??

Also, which gauge would you recommend? I would like it to be vent mounted.

Cheers

Will

Will,

You can fit a boost gauge without the car being remapped yes. It will just indicate standard bar/psi. Obviously you will get changes on the gauge when the car is remapped. I have a vent mounted boost gauge in a swg motorsport housing unit which has been flocked.
There are plenty of gauges on ebay which will do the job just have a look around. Here is a pic of mine to give you an idea of what your looking for.

ok cheers mate!

How do they wire in though, did you do yours yourself? is it a big job?

Cheers

Cheers mate, I take it you ran the pipe / wiring into the air vent from the grommet in the firewall instead.

Cheers mate, I take it you ran the pipe / wiring into the air vent from the grommet in the firewall instead.

I didnt have to run the pipewoke through the grommet as my boost gauge came with a valve which sits in the engine bay that the pipwork is directly connected to. This reads the psi and sends the signal back to the boost gauge in the car electrnoically. If you follow the above link for a standard setup you will be fine.