1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitting boost gauge on FL

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by steady jay, Sep 9, 2013.

1. steady jay

steady jay Member

[Sep 9, 2013]
    Such a simple job on my old PFL to fit a boost gauge but with this damn FL with air con and more gubbins in the dash what's the easiest way to run it through?
    last time it tapped into the stereo can I just use the vent wires now? Baring in mind it's a smoked gauge so would I need the lights on to see it.

cheers all
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 31, 2014]

3. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

[Sep 9, 2013]
    I spliced the switch feed in to the vent wires iirc and run the live to the nut and bolt connections under the relays with a crimped ring terminal.

Piping runs through grommet below brake servo pipe iirc then through ecu box and up to centre vent drilled a hole size of piping in side of vent duct to boost gauge.
  4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Sep 10, 2013]
    yeh i cant see why facelift would make the routing any different, just go thru the ECU box like normal.
  5. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

[Sep 10, 2013]
    Mine's taken through the fuse box and the feed from the buzzboard under the relays. Just installed an in line fuse to makes sure if anything goes pear shaped it's protected.