Fitting b8 sill trims / blades ??

cyberstretch

Reaction score
Hi all.

I was hoping to find and fit some 2nd hand s-line sill blades to my SE saloon. Would I be right to assume that they clip onto the car by way of a fitting kit available from audi ?

Thanks people

Finally installed the satin silver S line side blades (AKA: stone guards) More Pics!!

stonedefector.jpg

 The stone deflector strip is secured additionally to the side member with adhesive tape.
 Is destroyed when removed.
 When removing the stone deflector strip, the clips are also damaged irreparably and must be renewed.

 Removing:
– Heat bonding areas with hotair blower and gradually pull stone deflector strip off side member to the side.

Note: When the stone deflector strip is detached, the clips are pulled off the retaining pin and must be renewed.

 Installing:
– Kink protective film removal aids upwards so they are reachable when stone deflector strip makes contact with side member.
– Push stone deflector strip onto clips as far as stop, working from rear to front.
– Follow the order of removal for removal aids.
– Gradually press stone deflector strip firmly onto side member.

Clips:
 9x
 Installation direction for clip is embossed.
 Slide clips onto studs in correct direction and engage.
 Align clips lengthwise to side member.

Order of removal for removal aids
– Peel off removal aids in the sequence : 1, 2 ,3 and 4.
– Gradually press stone deflector strip firmly onto side member.
guide.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed answer. Was hoping it bonded to the car. Not keen on drilling holes in the car so might have to find someone with more cojones than me !

A few people have used double sided 3m tape with no problem, if your worried additionally you could put a blob of sikaflex where each clip would go.

I bought my blades ages ago just can't be bothered to fit them lol

Reactions: cyberstretch
use some double sided tape
to hold in place till the bond sets

Reactions: cyberstretch
A few people have used double sided 3m tape with no problem, if your worried additionally you could put a blob of sikaflex where each clip would go.

I bought my blades ages ago just can't be bothered to fit them lol

hmm are you selling them ?

thats the colour of mine
i missed out on a set in black on the bay last night aswell

the seller was bidding up

i think around 80

well if they do come up for sale let me know

Reactions: Jamie-S