Fitting aftermarket TBE from 5 door to my 3 door, HELP.

cnahamilton

Reaction score
Hi there, i am after some help please. Sorry if this has been asked before, but i cant find the answers im after.
I have a 2007 s3 3door and found an exhaust for a 5 door. What will i need to do to make it fit?? Any suggestions would be great!! Chris

I bought a second hand milltek from VAG.com, apparently for a 3dr, the fit was ***** so I put it into a garage to be cut and welded because the tail pipes stuck out far to much. I'm thinking it was originally from a 5 dr.

The only thing that I would have thought the difference was that the 5 door was longer?

Personally if it was me in that situation, i'd get it on a lift and try a test fit... see if it would fit by cutting some pipes... set it on he mounting points and see where it doesnt fit and cut... i'd make it fit somehow....

Reactions: cnahamilton
This one does look as if the tail pipes will stick out quite a way! The main center section doesn't quite look right compared to a non resonated 3 door one. Looks like quite a lot of grief....

Back box is relatively easy to get off with a jack under the car then you could measure it up i'd guess.... could you not cut them down and put new tips on it.... I would only go to all that work I suppose if the 5dr exhaust saved you a fortune

By the time you've paid to have it modified to fit you won't have saved much and gained a lot of hassle and potential for a poor fit.

By the time you've paid to have it modified to fit you won't have saved much and gained a lot of hassle and potential for a poor fit.
i see what you are saying but it won't cost me anything to have it all modified, cut and welded etc. which is why I'm tempted with buying it. If it was going to cost me a lot to do I wouldn't bother with it and just pay extra for the correct one if you see what I mean.

From memory the downpipe and cat section is the same on the milltek 3dr and 5dr. Cat back has a different part number. My guess is that it is more likely the centre section that is longer, but you should be able to confirm by looking up all the different part numbers (assuming its a milltek). If that was the case chopping a couple of inches off in the middle shouldn't be too difficult.

I have tried comparing them but sadly they are not the same make. Downpipe and cat does look a tad longer. Center section is longer and resonated and does not look anything like a 3 door non resonated section. So my guess is that is where most of my issues will lie...