Fitting a tip to an apy engine

future

Scuderia Vittoria Edition 001
Reaction score
Hi, bought a autobahn 88 tip and have an apy engine code. Now I know it's possible to fit it but couldn't find any walkthrough type things can anyone help please

thanks
tom

Like andy says, the n75 valve will need extending with some silicone vacuum piping, also the pcv system will need extending, again with some silicone piping and a straight connector

I think I still have some piping left from my S3 TIP upgrade on my APY, but failing that I got mine from Forge who were kind enough to send me some stuff.

I have done this to my APY. to be honest mate it was pretty easy.
Taking out the airbox & MAF gives you loads of room down that side to see what you are getting in about. Once you have your Recirc valve and PRV off it is pretty easy. There is a smaller hose goes into the original TIP down the back if I remember correctly. This is a bit of a bitch to come out as it has a long plastic connector on it (looks like a plastic hex where it enters original TIP).
Also as mentioned above the N75 goes in to the TIP on the front of yoru original TIP and on the rea of the new one. There are two ways to sort this out:
1 - Run a new length of vacuum hose in place of the original from the N75 to a new hose connector in your new TIP. This is really easy and quick to do however your N75 will rattle about if it is not securely attached to something (the silver CAI pipe for example).
2 - Extend the loom for the N75. This is only two wires and IMHO makes the job look more 'pukka' to coin a phrase, especially if you have some of the plastic corrugated conduit it can be made to look oem. This will also let you mount the N75 directly into the rear of the TIP which again looks more oem.

I will try to get some pictures of mine tomorrow.

There's already pics of mine floating about mate, although i fitted a catch can while doing mine.

Just for anyone who has an APY engined S3 with ESP, it has the longer wired loom for the N75 to go on the bulkhead side of the TIP, so a Forge TIP will be a direct replacement for the standard TIP, at least that's what it looks like when I had a look.

I have 1 fitted to my APY too,and when you have it all apart,its all very self explanitory how the new TIP goes on...

Pete...

Hey guys thanks for all e replies it's all fitted and lookig sweet now thanks for the elp
tom