1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitting a new set of clocks - how easy is it.

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Tim20, May 21, 2008.

1. Tim20

Tim20 New Member

[May 21, 2008]
    Hi,

I need a new set of clocks for my 1998 Audi A3 1.8T due to the DIS being broken.

I can source a set second hand easily enough but i am trying to find out how easy it is to re-code the clocks to the cars imobliser and key (if its's even possible)

Has anyone had a replacement set of clocks fitted to their car? and if so how did you go about it??

Tim
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

4. alijames

alijames Active Member

[May 21, 2008]
    Is the DIS completely mullered, or is it just a few lines are not working? There are a few threads on here about rejuvenating the missing lines problem by re-making the ribbon cable connection on the back.

I've never done it, but I believe it can be done...

Cheers,
  5. Tim20

Tim20 New Member

[May 21, 2008]
    The DIS works to a degree and often when it feels like it.

Some days its 100% and others nothing, others it keeps flashing on and off constantly which is very anoying.

Also some of the warning lights do not work on the clocks - i think this is due to the previous owner removing/damaging some bulbs or leds to stop warning lights from showing. Mainly driven by a £14 abs sensor being faulty!

Tim