1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitting a new set of clocks - how easy is it.

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Tim20, May 21, 2008.

1. Tim20

Tim20 New Member

Hi,

I need a new set of clocks for my 1998 Audi A3 1.8T due to the DIS being broken.

I can source a set second hand easily enough but i am trying to find out how easy it is to re-code the clocks to the cars imobliser and key (if its's even possible)

Has anyone had a replacement set of clocks fitted to their car? and if so how did you go about it??

Tim

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator quattro Audi S3

Dealer job mate.

4. alijames

alijames Active Member

Is the DIS completely mullered, or is it just a few lines are not working? There are a few threads on here about rejuvenating the missing lines problem by re-making the ribbon cable connection on the back.

I've never done it, but I believe it can be done...

Cheers,

5. Tim20

Tim20 New Member

The DIS works to a degree and often when it feels like it.

Some days its 100% and others nothing, others it keeps flashing on and off constantly which is very anoying.

Also some of the warning lights do not work on the clocks - i think this is due to the previous owner removing/damaging some bulbs or leds to stop warning lights from showing. Mainly driven by a £14 abs sensor being faulty!

Tim