1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fitting a cup holder ?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by spenny, May 16, 2004.

1. spenny

spenny New Member

Hello everyone just picked up my 1999 S3 and i love it, 265 bhp and oh so fast. would like to retro fit a cup holder in centre consol and was wandering if anyone had done this and could give me any help.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Someone has done this on here recently. do a search on cup holder and you should find it! You could always get the centre armrest with cupholders?

cheers
    Rich.

4. Markb

Markb Active Member

I am interested in this as well, but don't like the idea of cutting into the surround.

5. Naresh

Naresh Member

I managed to fit one recently and it works great, but needs a little finishing I think to improve the final look. The trim finish I have is very difficult to match and I don't want to go and spray the whole surround a different colour just to cover up the join in that plastic section I stuck on to fill the gap as shown in the pic below.

It does the job though and means I no longer have any boring blank switch covers anymore! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif