1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fitting a cup holder ?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by spenny, May 16, 2004.

1. spenny

spenny New Member

[May 16, 2004]
    Hello everyone just picked up my 1999 S3 and i love it, 265 bhp and oh so fast. would like to retro fit a cup holder in centre consol and was wandering if anyone had done this and could give me any help.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 22, 2014]

3. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[May 16, 2004]
    Someone has done this on here recently. do a search on cup holder and you should find it! You could always get the centre armrest with cupholders?

cheers
    Rich.
  4. Markb

Markb Active Member

[May 16, 2004]
    I am interested in this as well, but don't like the idea of cutting into the surround.
  5. Naresh

Naresh Member

[May 16, 2004]
    I managed to fit one recently and it works great, but needs a little finishing I think to improve the final look. The trim finish I have is very difficult to match and I don't want to go and spray the whole surround a different colour just to cover up the join in that plastic section I stuck on to fill the gap as shown in the pic below.

It does the job though and means I no longer have any boring blank switch covers anymore! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif