1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitted RNSE but can't access coding on VCDS for it

Discussion in 'Satellite Navigation' started by fonz600, Nov 2, 2012.

1. fonz600

fonz600 New Member

[Nov 2, 2012]
    Hi guys,

I received a LED RNSE for my B7 A4 today and as the sticker on the unit is an Audi one I didn't need to switch any pins like on Seat units.

Anyways obviously it unplugged and plugged in fine and after changing the language to English I had a wee play with and all seems to work ok. So I then tried to code it thru VCDS with my Genuine Ross Tech cable however clicking on the Navigation or the Radio buttons I just get a unit not found error.

Any suggestions or help on this available?
    What am I doing wrong?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. s8craig

s8craig Active Member VCDS Map User

[Nov 2, 2012]
    You do need to move pins on a B7

K-line and BOSE (if fitted)

But the K-line is why you cannot access it, move the wire from C7 to B5 for K-line (green/blue) and B5 to B7 for BOSE (brown)
  4. fonz600

fonz600 New Member

[Nov 2, 2012]
    OK mate,

My problem is that I don't seem to have a block for that.
    The wiring to my ConcertII+ was a brown/black plug connected to the big block u open with lifting the lever and a green block that went into the C plug. Nothing wa splugged into the B plug?
  5. s8craig

[Nov 3, 2012]
    So you need a B plug to move the K-line into and it means you do not have BOSE or a CD/Ipod
  6. fonz600

fonz600 New Member

[Nov 3, 2012]
    Dunno if your getting my PM's mate as my post count ain't high enough. I got your last 1 tho.
    Is a retrofit for CD changer/IPod possible without Audi putting that wiring in place or is it a headache of splicing into the existing harness?
  7. s8craig

[Nov 3, 2012]
    If you buy a CD changer & qualock harness or an Ipod kit with quadlockthen you will get the required B plug and you can just move you C7 wire to B5 of the new plug.

I am getting your PM's but I'm fitting a shower today so don't really have time to answer in two places when the forum itself is good enough.