Fitted re-circ dump valve and Ramair panel filter.

JayB5UK

Reaction score
As above had the opportunity to use a ramp at the workshop my mate works in and fitted the parts which had been in the boot for a couple of weeks.

I'm glad to say my suspicions were correct - there was a weird fluttering noise coming from somewhere under boost and I hoped it was just the standard DV unable to cope with the chipped ECU. It sounded kind of like something was stuck in the fan if this makes any sense, but only did it under boost so it had to be something in the turbo pipework.

Anyway, combined with the filter I can say it is definitely more responsive, even on light throttle before the boost really comes into play, but when under boost it feels more controlled, I can now hear the turbo spinning up again and when I lift off without changing gear it feels more defined, rather than surging slightly like it used to.

Had a bargain on both parts - ebay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif so i'm more than happy.

Be careful with the Ramair filter as these are oiled and can cause problems with your MAF.

Hm, according to all the speel on their website they don't need oiling but have some kind of coating on them. I have kept the old paper filter, as I did remember someone commenting about them a while back but couln't find it again.

Anyone else have any ideas about them?

Cheers for those. I feel it does seem to spin up quicker and sound like you can hear more of the turbo. I'm gonna leaver it in for now but don't want to risk ruining the MAF, it has had a new one less than 5k ago though anyway.