1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitted nozzles remap or more first?

Discussion in 'Tuning' started by Layerz, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Layerz

Layerz Member

[Apr 9, 2007]
    Hey guys,

I have a 1998 A4 TDI 110, and I have just fitted powerplus 764 nozzles (.216) up from the stock .205 nozzles.

Before I go guns blazing into a remap I am aware I will need a new clutch/ friction plate, but I did wonder what gains I should see from pp764 nozzles + remap.
    If anyone has done this before or knows of it figures would really help!!

The next question is I have been told that a new exhaust system would help due to less back pressure, and I do fancy a better sounding exhaust, will this relate the same to my setup?

Thanks in advance, Lewis
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]

3. golisago

golisago Member

[Apr 9, 2007]
    Hi........you could go with a Cat back exhaust from companys like supersprint or powerflow etc..but the cheapest way would have someone make you a 2.5" pipe with out any resinator or cat straight through to a back box or no back box like i have.

I would have this done before you get it remapped and at this level i would use a performance panal filter instead of the oem part....this will not gain you any more power but it will spool up your turbo that little bit quicker.....and i know the Marcus at superchip who had a mk4 golf 110hp did the mapping for said injectors and achieved a 170hp and could have gotten more but the clutch started to really slip with more power so he backed it down to 170hp.

I know someone else with the same said B.216 / pp764 nozzles which were used in a 102hp T4 transporter and got a 166hp but settled for 155hp which was more or less totally clean.....and was chipped by Wayne Scoffield at ChipWizards who is in Rochdale.

So i guess because you have the vnt1549 turbo and not the gt15 a 160hp/170hp is something realistic.
  4. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

[Apr 10, 2007]
    agree on exhaust but not on intake
    standard panel is fine and dyno test show this against any number of cones/RAM and CA intakes.

what you can do to improve it though is rip out all the stupid little fins in the airbox and mount a cold air intake into the standard airbox through the base beneath the headlight and behind the front fog
  5. PlebbyChris

PlebbyChris Complete Pleb

[Apr 15, 2007]
    I found on mine that although air filter didn't improve BHP gain, it significantly improved throttle response. You could even see it in the fuel consumption readout.

With the K&N panel filter fitted, pressure on the gas pedal forced the engine to instantly run at 5mpg, whereas the stock filter took a couple of seconds to increase consumption that much.