1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitted my S3 Pedals

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Ultra Violent, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Ultra Violent

Ultra Violent Sick & Wrong.

[Feb 16, 2013]
    Hi Folks.

I know there is plenty of threads already relating to these pedals, but I thought I'd put my two pence worth in.

I bought a full set of pedals from fleabay, heres the link.
    Audi A3 S3 RS3 8P NEW pedals original genuine Audi pedals RHD, best price | eBay

The pedals are genuine parts with matching numbers, beware there are some cheap copies out there.
    The easy part of the fitting is the brake and clutch pedal, the old ones just pop off, I popped them of with a flathead screwdriver
    the new pedals just fit straight on top and clip in place, job done.

The next part was where I came across some problems, the accelerator pedal.
    The first thing to do is pop the cover of to expose the torx screw, its a 25 if I remember right, unscrew, keep safe.
    there are some threads I've read that say the pedal should then just pull out, maybe its just me being a bit slow(probably)
    but that didn't happen for me, for the life of me I couldn't get the clips off,
    also you have to disconnect the wiring loom from the top of the pedal, some threads say to do this after opening the clips
    but I found taking it off first gave me more room to play with the pedal.

To get the loom off, there is a white clip at the top of the pedal that needs to be pushed in whilst at the same time pulling the clip out.
    this I found to be a pain in the :asskicking:. I found it easier on the fingers to hold the clip down with an adjustable spanner and pull.
    eventually it pops out, quite easily.
    Then I had to try and get the clips out the bottom, in the end it was just brute force that won out, the clips on the old pedal broke,
    but at least I managed to get it out.
    I know there will be plenty of people thinking I've made an easy job look hard, but unfortunatly that just me. :shrug:

Fitting the new pedal is much easier, just reverse the process and job done.
    The last worry I had was after fitting the new pedals and starting up the car, the engine managment light came on and the accelerator pedal was unresponsive, needless to say I was super cheesed :sob:, but this just turned out to be the loom wasn't properly clicked in. Quick push and job done.
    The dead rest pedal also came from flea bay, heres that link
    AUDI S3 A3 ST VAG ALLOY FOOTREST PEDAL GTI TURBO FSI | eBay
    I dont think the pedal is OEM but it does finish of the look quite well, as opposed to having the old foot rest.

please be gentle with any critisism, I know its probably not that difficult, just thought I'd post for any other mod-challenged users out there.
    I'll post up a few pics.

Cheers Folks.

Scott.

Attached Files:

2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. SCFC_Messiah

SCFC_Messiah Member

[Mar 4, 2013]
    Looking good

Any idea where I can get these pedals now? The eBay link you posted has ended and the seller hasn't relisted more. eBay search isn't bringing up any more genuine S3 pedals either

Cheers
  4. SCFC_Messiah

SCFC_Messiah Member

[Mar 4, 2013]
  5. Ultra Violent

[Mar 5, 2013]
    Hi Messiah,
    I think 90 is a bit expensive, I would probably wait till you can get them a bit cheaper.
    the link I originally posted is from a repeated seller, I reckon he will get more in, maybe ping him a message.
    Just make sure you get the OEM ones, I have seen some cheap copies on fleabay.
    hope you find some.
  6. SCFC_Messiah

SCFC_Messiah Member

[Mar 5, 2013]
    I messaged him yesterday, just waiting for a reply. Cheers buddy!
  7. SCFC_Messiah

SCFC_Messiah Member

8. Cruiser89

Cruiser89 Advanced In Car Tech Site Sponsor

[Mar 13, 2013]
    Good price that!

Anybody found any decent dead pedal units?
  9. SCFC_Messiah

SCFC_Messiah Member

[Mar 13, 2013]
    This is the best I've come across, but according to their description it only fits autos. Judging by the picture, the auto foot rests must be wider than the manual?

OSIR Design USA-OSIR - O-Rest - RHD - TT Mk2 / A3 8P

I think the only other option is to buy the foot plates like the o/p. Some people have added rubber to the gaps so that they match the pedals better. I'd be interested in this, but no clue how they went about it?

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/157585-a3-dead-pedal.html
  10. Ultra Violent

[Mar 13, 2013]
    Glad you finally got your pedals messiah, did you get them from the same guy I linked too??
    took a good couple of weeks to be delivered from Europe, but well packed and good to go.
    Hope you have a bit more luck fitting them than I did, be patient young padawan. Lol.
    Worth the skint knuckles tho.
    Take it easy.