Fitted My Front S Line Bumper :)

louis_123

Reaction score
Hi all fitted my freshly painted s line front bumper and I also modded the center grill to match the fogs... I'm very pleased with outcome .
69c6bd991153ba50e99eb668b64e6a48.jpg

4a4c952f1771f70ebb54250670f23bd5.jpg

14a80b9033bc7d3971944cf91908ab56.jpg

Reactions: WOLF
Tidy......I would paint black the three bumper struts behind the lower grill to finish it off and improve the look further.

Cheers pal yeah I thought about that after putting the grill in.. might do that tomorrow

Very nice!! Love those wheels, what a stance! What did you use to tint your head lights?

Cheer buddy ... I split them and painted the insides, took a while but defiantly worth it. Might lower it a tad more yet.

I thought that as I was looking at them a bit more closely. I'm going to be splitting mine in the next few weeks to remove some dead flies and a spider web lol, might have to paint them while I'm at it now I've seen yours. Is there no tint at all on the lens?

Yeah just take your time splitting them so you don't snap anything. Mine had a few dead flies in as well lol... no tint on the lenses

What paint did you use on them? Did you put them in the oven before you separated them? And did you use anything to reseal them? Sorry for all the questions, I'm a complete noob to most of this but trying to be a bit more hands on and learn as I go along. Was going to get some butyl tape to reseal mine but don't know if this is nessecary.

Just noticed mine are already black on the inside, might still grove them a coat of paint and do the outer chrome ring of the lamps just to black it out that bit more.

I sanded down the chrome inserts, then primered them and then just used some Matt black spray paint from halfords. I didn't oven them before incase I melted something lol, just used a heat gun, flathead screwdriver and a Stanley knife and resealed Them with black silicone and them left them to dry... but leave the bits you have painted to dry before putting them back togeather

You could do or you could tint the lenses or flyeye them to save splitting them?

I've got to split them anyway to clean them up inside and was originally going to tint them but yours has made me think twice. It gives the same sort of stealth look as the tints but without reducing light output, winner winner chicken dinner!! Did they seal back together strong using the silicone to seal them? I was reading that you had to either use the butyl tape that should already be on the headlight if it's any good but if not clean it off and get some more butyl tape and re seal it.

Haha yeah man go for it.... Yeah I put loads and loads of silicone on and seems strong..

Looking good Louis. What have you lowered your avant on? Coilovers or springs?

Hows the ride of the joms? I'm looking at eibach sportlines on my avant

I think it's not to bad tbh, bit bumpy on crappy roads but it seems a lot more planted going around corners... I have heard very good things about the eibach sportlines... you keeping standard shocks or uprated ones?

Plan is to keep standard shocks. I find the avant really comfy to drive so want to retain that as its a commuter, just need to bring the arch gap down as puttin 19's on it soon

Different sites say different things. Average is 40-50mm front, 30-40mm rear

I was just goin to stay on standard dampers and see how it looks. Don't want to be beaching myself

It should look pretty good tbf... haha well I haven't beached yet lol bit of scrapage tho...

Cheers bud... I know yeah had a pressed plate on my old bumper but was all bent by the time I took it off lol