Fitted Heated Seats into e model, how difficult is it to get the wiring done ?

Black

Reaction score
Hi,
A bit of an issue I have fitted Heated half leather seats into e model ( standard fabric ones), All in, although I have got no clue what Part numbers for the wiring looms I will need, obviously the heater unit has to be replaced ( lack of heating buttons on the console).
What else ?
Thanks

All you need is the seats with the elements in place, which you have. You'll also need the climate control until for your model of car, but with the heated seat buttons and the wiring loom. That's it. It just all needs to be connected together and fused.

Assuming you have an 8P model, with no electric lumbar or electric seat movements just manual, I think this is wiring loom you will need:

Seat Heating - Harness - Audi A3 8P & 8P Sport-34045

Hope that helps. I don't know the part number for the correct climate control unit. If you post what model of car you have, someone may be able to help.

Reactions: Black
All you need is the seats with the elements in place, which you have. You'll also need the climate control until for your model of car, but with the heated seat buttons and the wiring loom. That's it. It just all needs to be connected together and fused.

Assuming you have an 8P model, with no electric lumbar or electric seat movements just manual, I think this is wiring loom you will need:

Seat Heating - Harness - Audi A3 8P & 8P Sport-34045

Hope that helps. I don't know the part number for the correct climate control unit. If you post what model of car you have, someone may be able to help.

You are a star ! mate that's the loom I was looking for ! :) excellent
It's an Audi A3 2006 1.9 tdi (56 plate) 3 dr 8P :)
Thanks a lot ;)

Last edited:
If you have electrics and lumbar you will need a couple extra wires to power that up. I have fitted in the heated seats in Tempy's cars and that loom does the job well... i have also made up my own looms when fitting in Digzz A5 heated and electric seats into his 2003 A3 and fully wired up the heating system for his seats as he previously didnt have the heated seats in there.
Its not straight forward to get it all in properly without VCDS and Elsawin as you will need make sure you wire it all up to the right areas and fuse box as well as testing the system to see if it is picking up the correct power and temp from the seats themselves

Reactions: martinivw
I see, I only have electric lumbar, it's not a mod ill be doing soon, maybe back end of the year, how much am I looking at just for a front set?

depends what seats you go for, will it be A3 heated seats? A5 without electric? a5 with electric? S5s? RS4s?
obviously some are more desirable than others.
average price for the a3 or a5 seats are around £500-£600 i would say but that might also include rears and door cards

I'm not overly fussed on which seats ill have a search now for what style, would just like heated ones

Yh I was just saying that depending in what you go for the price can vary, a3 and a5 seats can be picked up for cheap if you find the right deal but rs4s are like £2000