1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fit AUX cable but now I get interference...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by VAG-Slag, Mar 25, 2014.

1. VAG-Slag

VAG-Slag Active Member

I first posted this in the ICE section but I guess they don't get so much traffic through that neck of the woods.

The other week I fit an AUX cable to my audi concert head unit by basically tricking it into thinking it was the CD player. It works fine but I get an interference when listening through the AUX, I'm guessing from the alternator as is goes up and down with the revs.

Some one said I need to fit a capacitor or something. . . Can anyone shed a bit more light on this for me please or have any other ways of combating this interference?

Also worth mentioning it's not the device as I get this interference even when nothing is plugged in but CD (AUX) is selected

Thanks!

2. cammage08

cammage08 Member

You need to increase the quality of the earth and possible fit a ground loop isolator...

3. VAG-Slag

VAG-Slag Active Member

Sorry mate, could you expand on that a little for me... Not up on my ICE at all!

Does the cable it's self need to have an earth in it?

4. cammage08

cammage08 Member

Depending on the connection on the back of the stereo you in to connect something like this inline uploadfromtaptalk1395777527635.jpg
    So out of the stereo, into this then out to your aux.

5. VAG-Slag

VAG-Slag Active Member

yea, just ordered one off eeeeeebay. And the cable has phono connectors so can just stick it in there... Nice one, cheers bud!

Whats this about the quality of the earth tho?.. You talking about the main earth for the HU?

6. cammage08

cammage08 Member

Ye the main earth can be improved to somthing local to the stereo, maybe also earth the cage for good measure.

7. VAG-Slag

VAG-Slag Active Member

Ok, cool. I'll try this loop isolator things first and see how much that helps.

Thanks for your help tho mate! Saved me a load of bother