First world problems (or, my A3 delivery sob story)

Gswearengin

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Please allow me to share my story...I don't think anyone elsewhere would truly be able to identify. I'm an American, but I live in Munich. My German fiancé has a car allowance through her job. We ordered an A3 in late June/early July (SB, 1.4 TFSI COD, manual)...I painstakingly read through all of the option descriptions in German to appropriately outfit the car. Obviously we're very excited about the car, and a few days ago got notice that we had a confirmed build number and it should arrive very soon. We were hoping to pick the car up from the factory and do a tour, which is a feature Audi offers here.

This whole process, we have had to go through one of the secretaries in the main office, and we haven't had any direct participation, unfortunately. Today my fiancé tells me that she has just learned that our car has been built, but...is on a train to Frankfurt. Somewhere along the line someone dropped the ball, and the communication that we wanted to pick the car up from the factory never happened.

So, this is small potatoes in the overall scheme of things, but I'm still somewhat gutted. It looks like we can get the car next Friday, but we'll have to travel from Munich to Frankfurt and miss out on the factory tour and the big handover, pick up the car with approximately zero miles, etc. Damn.

Sorry this is so long...just had to share my disappointment. This forum has been a great help in learning about options and making the long wait a bit more tolerable.

Thanks,

Gary

Reactions: ex911driver
I recently asked if I could collect my car from Ingolstadt and drive it home, something we used to be able to do here. Apparently if we opted to do this then the £500 delivery fee is used to pay for a flight and accommodation prior to having the factory tour and collecting the car. I was told that Audi UK have pulled the plug on this for some reason. As I work for an airline I can get a flight to Munich for next to nothing so I asked if I could arrange my own transport/accom and collect the car anyway, allowing Audi Uk to keep the delivery fee. They still said no!

I'm pretty sure you can do an Audi factory tour without having to buy a car.

I understand your pain though mate, our butler dinted my ninth favourite, platinum plated, bone china plate, so I had to eat my hourly portion of caviar off of the nearest Bottega Veneta business car holder I had lying around. I was so angry that I then chose to dispose of it in a ritualistic style burning, in the cruicible which is the exhaust pipe of my diamond encrusted Maybach Exelero... #firstworldproblems

Reactions: the_lecht_rocks and misthills
You can indeed do the tour without buying a car. I just fancied picking it up from Bavaria rather than Epsom, would've been a fun experience.

I trust it was Beluga caviar!

Reactions: Flugel Hound