First service due shortly.....

RSON19

Reaction score
Morning all

My first service is due around October time, I have been quoted the following for Audi to carry this out:

Oil
Oil filter
Pollen filter
Plug

= £415

This seems hugely excessive to me as genuine parts are £135. I am skilled enough to carry out the service myself but Audi have refused to switch off the service light (which is completely fair enough). Any ideas?

My first service due November but booking for October due to holidays.
Ive been quoted £170.
Car will be one year old and approx 10,000 miles.
No pollen filter change as far as i know

Hey!
Where was that quote from?

My car is a demo vehicle so will be 2 years old in November.

Currently on 14,800 miles!

Just had first service, oil, oil filter and sump plug, £112 at indy or £174 at AUDI Perth, guess which one I picked (being a tight Scotsman).

WRT the service indicator you just reset it yourself on the MMI for the oil change service.

Extract from manual:

Resetting the display
Your qualified workshop resets the service interval display after each service.
It is very important that you reset the oil change display if you change the oil yourself. In this case, the next oil change will be due after a fixed service interval.

Last edited:
Morning all

My first service is due around October time, I have been quoted the following for Audi to carry this out:

Oil
Oil filter
Pollen filter
Plug

= £415

This seems hugely excessive to me as genuine parts are £135. I am skilled enough to carry out the service myself but Audi have refused to switch off the service light (which is completely fair enough). Any ideas?
What engine?

Services can't be much as I am paying only £9.56 a month for a service plan over three years. Aren't Audi price matching services anyway?

Services can't be much as I am paying only £9.56 a month for a service plan over three years. Aren't Audi price matching services anyway?

I guess it depends on the engine/mileage because my S4 @ 10,000 miles was quoted as way more than that. £28 a month in fact...

Morning all

Oil
Oil filter
Pollen filter
Plug

= £415

Just get a cheap quote from a local independent dealer (written) - must be OEM parts - just tell them you need it like that as it's a company car. Then go through the Audi price match.

I guess it depends on the engine/mileage because my S4 @ 10,000 miles was quoted as way more than that. £28 a month in fact...
Quite, mine was for a fixed service regime as well, but I can't see a first service on your car being much more expensive than mine. However with service plans the monthly cost should be calculated and set by Audi finance, not the dealership...

Reactions: Daggerit
Quite, mine was for a fixed service regime as well, but I can't see a first service on your car being much more expensive than mine. However with service plans the monthly cost should be calculated and set by Audi finance, not the dealership...

You'd think so but I'm pretty sure I've heard something along the lines of £230 thrown about... I think that I'll maybe ask the dealership when I do some of the paperwork so I can weigh up the options and see what it looks like financially.

Reactions: cuke2u
All,

Thanks for the replies!
I'll go down the route of obtaining written quotes and make the most of Audi price match.

Best wishes

R

Just with regards servicing.....

I've had my car for just over a year now and when I enquiried at the dealership about its first service, I was told the car will tell you when it is due a service. Also it states that services are due every 2 years!
I've done 11500 miles so far and the car is telling me a service is not due for another 8000 miles.

Reactions: Chelve1
Just with regards servicing.....

I've had my car for just over a year now and when I enquiried at the dealership about its first service, I was told the car will tell you when it is due a service. Also it states that services are due every 2 years!
I've done 11500 miles so far and the car is telling me a service is not due for another 8000 miles.

Yea I was told the same but have read on various sites that oil change is at 9,000 or 1 year (service is 19,000) or your warranty is scuppered, do you take the chance?

I do 10k a year and 60% is on the motorway. I've just hit 10k miles and the car is a year old. The car says it doesn't need a service for about 8k or so miles. I'm totally unclear whether I should wait until then or not!

The dealership sent me an email saying my car may be due a service and when I called them they said the car will tell me when it is due.

It was the same with my B8. I was told the same by other dealerships that the car will tell me when due a service.

Never heard anything about warranty issues if not serviced every year. Indeed I've seen Audi advertise that there cars only require serving every 2 years. So abit confused.

To clarify my car had less that 9,000 at a year old so I felt that it was prudent to have an oil change in line with Audi's Fixed Service Schedule. I asked that long life oil be used so that I can now go onto the Flexible Service Schedule that the car advises when a service is due usually about 19,000 miles if you do long runs and more than 9,000 miles per year. Maybe belt and braces on my part.
:rulez:

About a year into the ownership of my previous SQ5 I received a phone call from someone allegedly working for the same dealership as myself telling me I needed the first service carrying out. When I spoke to the service team I was told that the call would have come from an external source who do not know what servicing regime has been set up for the vehicle.
Wait for the notification on the DIS was the advice given.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
I do 10k a year and 60% is on the motorway. I've just hit 10k miles and the car is a year old. The car says it doesn't need a service for about 8k or so miles. I'm totally unclear whether I should wait until then or not!
Your car is probably borderline, yes the annual mileage is only 10k but as the majority of this is on a motorway I guess it is considered as having a easier life than mine, which is mostly used around town. So a flexible service routine is probably correct.
I have heard that the engine oil quality is monitored as well but I am not sure how it could do this...

Reactions: RaZ A4
I've been quoted 356 by Bedford Audi, and 400 by hitchin Audi. Trying to find VAT registered garages around the Luton area who also use Audi genuine parts. If anyone knows anyone in the Luton area let me know please.

Feel that 350 is quite excessive for just a oil change and inspection...

I'm trying to find quotes from indy garages. Kind of not working atm. Due to there being a load of garages in Luton which aren't exactly what you'd call up to Audi standard... other than that. Is there anything else I can do?

Good morning all

After taking the above advice, I have managed to obtain a couple of quotes from local garages using genuine audi parts, taking advantage of Audis price match.

Audi originally quoted me £413 for my B9's first major service. After a couple of calls and two written quotes from local garages I have managed to get this figure down to £203. So based on that it's booked into Marshalls Audi at the end of the month - very happy man!

Richie

Reactions: h1r4 and cuke2u
Excellent news. I'm just going through the same thing at the moment. I was quoted £433 (A4 3.0 218ps), I asked the girl who sorted it last time if she could just do it as a deal without me bothering with the quotes to save hassle. She knocked 20% off, but that was still £140 more than the quote I got. So she's speaking with the service manager to see what they can do.

Excellent news. I'm just going through the same thing at the moment. I was quoted £433 (A4 3.0 218ps), I asked the girl who sorted it last time if she could just do it as a deal without me bothering with the quotes to save hassle. She knocked 20% off, but that was still £140 more than the quote I got. So she's speaking with the service manager to see what they can do.

Good to know as our 3.0 Q 218 will be due its first service in next month or so, will get some independent quotes using Audi parts etc in advance to use as leverage.

Been to a few garages. They won't give me a written quote. However they are charging £150 with genuine parts etc. But I guess getting it done at an independent instead of a "full Audi" service history will affect 're sale price? Idk what to do now lol

Been to a few garages. They won't give me a written quote. However they are charging £150 with genuine parts etc. But I guess getting it done at an independent instead of a "full Audi" service history will affect 're sale price? Idk what to do now lol

Don't telephone them up - email them - and say "it's a company car so I need to provide an itemised quotation to get pre-approval on my expenses" or something similar.

230 Watford Audi booked for the 26th. Don't understand why it's 170 more for the same thing...

Agreed a final price for mine of £218, down from £433. I could have got it a little cheaper but it's worth the bit extra for the electronic dealers stamp etc.

Reactions: h1r4
Just been quoted £574 for major service at 15,000 miles and 2 years PLUS £15 to collect the car or more if I want a courtesy car.

Halfords online will do it for £269.

My old B8 is quoted as £408 on the fixed price servicing.

They are having a laugh I think. I just don't want to have to bother getting a written quote just to get a sensible price.

Update.

Just rang them and moaned got it down to £313 all in including free collection.

Told them I shouldn't have to price match to get a reasonable price they should price sensibly to start with or I will go elsewhere.

Reactions: scotty76 and NickGun
Update.

Told them I shouldn't have to price match to get a reasonable price they should price sensibly to start with or I will go elsewhere.

Think Audi service prices reflect the number of staff they have wandering around their lovely shiny showrooms and the free tea, coffee, crumpets and toast they offer...
Audi quoted us £438 for the 20k mile service on our 3.0TDi Q 218 - I'd already got a price for the exact same service using Audi parts and consumables via email from a local independent of £288 all in, so they ended up price matching but like you I had to press the issue.

Update.

True, but if they offered reasonable prices to everyone, their best price would go up. It's better for us that those who ask / haggle / shop around get the lowest, and those who aren't bothered pay more. It's the same with insurance renewals.

Reactions: bryston and Jsmills
True, but if they offered reasonable prices to everyone, their best price would go up. It's better for us that those who ask / haggle / shop around get the lowest, and those who aren't bothered pay more. It's the same with insurance renewals.
You'd be surprised what a polite phone call can achieve to the correct person...

Slightly off-topic but does anyone have a service plan and, if so, how much are you paying a month?

I didn't have to haggle, for £9.56 a month for three years, thus three services, mine averages out at £114.72 a service at any Audi dealership I care to go...

I didn't have to haggle, for £9.56 a month for three years, thus three services, mine averages out at £114.72 a service at any Audi dealership I care to go...

Good to know, especially as we have the same engine/transmission combo.

Thanks

You're most welcome. When the dealership told me how much it would be I stupidly told him to go back and check, as I couldn't believe it was almost half the cost my A3 1.4 was. Well he came back and verified that this was indeed the figure that audi finance had quoted for a fixed service regime. Hell it is £13 a month cheaper than my partner's fiesta over the same period for only two services. A bargain, from Audi, almost unbelievable...

Agreed a bargain, but this is only available to the original owner when the car is first registered. So if you're buying new definitely worth it.
However if like me you buy used, even from an Audi dealership, then Audi don't do a service package until the car is much older, car was only 9-months old and had 7,000 miles, but it was still a "No" both from where I bought it (at the time of purchase) and my local dealership.
So it's the price match option for me, as I was quoted £395 For the first service - 3.0 Avant S-line quarto tiptronic, 66 plate 18,000 miles, mind the car was a lot less than the new price.