1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First 'proper' mod (but tame!)

Lapchien66 Oct 17, 2009

1. Lapchien66

Lapchien66 New Member

Been an expensive week - 2nd variable service at Audi Birmingham, followed by 2 new F1's on the front.

So, after longing after them for a while I decided to fit some new model rear lights to my 06 3.2 - they look gorgeous compared to the old ones!

[​IMG]

2. devonmikeyboy

devonmikeyboy As far from JBS as possible !

Why get your car serviced at Audi for ? If you want to save money go to an independent garage.

3. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

Looking good! Any more plans?

4. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

if it's 3 years + then audi's pricing is very reasonable, £99 for a std service & £199 for a major.

5. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

Looks much better, any more plans to mod?

6. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

How much did ou pay for the lights mate? I lost a set on Ebay last night by £1 gutted!!!

7. slick-A3

slick-A3 A3/TDI/S-LINE/BBS LM SPLITTYS

I like them, nice! how much did they set you back?

8. Lapchien66

Lapchien66 New Member

Paid £76 for each lamp. Easy change (and good practice for when I need to change a bulb anyway!).

I miss the auto-dipping/dimming interiror mirror I had on my last A3, this one only has the standard one with the flick-switch underneath it, so will probably get that done next.

I didn't care much for the sticky-up cigar lighter, so replaced that with the flappy panel 12v connector, it's much more stylish. I'd like the add TV to my RNS-E but I'm not convinced how good it will be when retro-fitted. I'd like a FBMFSW. Performance wise I'm pretty limited with the A3 unless I spend quite a lot, so will probably stick witht the engine as is.

When I had the car serviced they gave me an A4 2.0 tdi for the day. I can't believe how poor it felt when compared to my 3.2 auto! I suppose I have begun to get complacent after having the A3 for 4 months, but since driving the A4 I still get all gooey when driving my A3. The sound, the acceleration, the style, wow! Now I remember why I bought it!

9. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

Its nice to see a happy owner! Good work.