1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First problem :(

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Dane, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Dane

Dane Faster than a V12 Q7

Hi guys first one for you b5 boys, although it probably applies to all cars with the older style recaros.

I, stupidly, was messing around with my seat position and I raised the height a little. When I went to put it back down nothing happened so to check it wasn't buggered I pressed the up control and it went up but it still wont go down...

I've had a good look around for disconnected wires but I can't see anything obvious, anyone heard of anything similar/know of a fix?

Cheers,

Dane
  2. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

Theres a microswitch that tells the mechanism that its at its lowest point and to cut off the motor, perhaps this is stuck?

Alternatively the down switch might just have broken!
  3. Dane

Dane Faster than a V12 Q7

Thanks Aragorn, but I have unexpectedly fixed it.

Having searched and searched, there are micro switches that I guess tell the motor when the chair has reached its maximum and minimum points.
    The only one I could see is at the rear of the seat on the door side roughly in line with the seat belt feed.
    it looks like this

[​IMG]

Now first of all I tried pushing it in a few times and that didnt work, I tried holding it in and using the button but that didnt work either. fortunately I held the down button and released the switch and it then moved a bit but then stopped, so a few repetitions and its now back down.
    Theres a fabric cover under the seat, its a good Idea to reattach it before you put the seat all the way down lol. Hopefully it'll help someone in the future...

thanks to this thread http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/127812-electric-recaro-problems.html which contains this http://users.ox.ac.uk/~engs0330/car/a3_interior.pdf Recaros are from page 72-116 onwards