first post with my first problem (clunking steering)

ace parsnip

Reaction score
Hello my name is Callum new to the audi scene i was previously a fiesta boy!

P1080700imp.jpg

but it was time for a change and the VAG scene has always appealed to me so i recently purchased a 51 plate 1.8T a3 with s3 recaros and the bose sound system as optional extras great car nice change to my stripped out fiesta track toy!
My problem im currently having is that when im turing into a parking space or doing some form of maneuver im getting a loud clunk from i believe the driver side suspension. It sounds like the spring is jumping out of place. I think it could be the suspension top mounts have perished? as something smilier happened on my fiesta. But im welcome to any ideas you might have as im still new to the Audis. :)

Are these the correct top mounts for my car cause im going to fit coilovers too soon and figured i might aswell replace these whilst im their.

Pair VW Mk4 Golf Bora, Audi A3 Front Top Mount Kits OEM on eBay (end time 18-Feb-11 16:05:38 GMT)

Thank you for your time hopefully will have more things to talk about in the future as i have some plans for this car.

Nice Fez! Missus had a crappy 1.3 before she baught the A4, i managed to sneak some Z-S alloys onto it and blacked out the headlights too, which made it look a lot better!

I'd get the car up in the air and have a good poke around before spending any money!

Yep they will fit.
there was a post a while ago that LCR topmounts will also fit and are stiffer.
Its usually the top bearing which seizes - making it sound like the spring is jumping.

awesome thanks mate :) will get them ordered with the collies then!