First of many....

Jinxy-S3

Reaction score
Daft questions lol

picked the S3 up today and considering I've come down from an M3 (family reasons) really happy with the drive, steering wheel could be a bit thicker :laugh: Anyway it's got the RNS-E MMI nav, am I right in thinking you have to remove your nav disk to play a cd ? And if so you can't use the nav ???? :tumble: Feeling bemused

cheers Jinxy

Hope this is a flucking Joke ?? Daft money motor and you have to choose CD or nav... ****** off already only had it 5 minutes

Things could be worse lol, see my thread for more...

Hope this is a flucking Joke ?? Daft money motor and you have to choose CD or nav... ****** off already only had it 5 minutes

Jinxy... I have an extra cd changer in the glove box.. Plays cds while my navs on :) ... But i have went all futuristic and are using the sd cards.... Far better option to me rather than faffing around with those antiquated reflective discs... Only thing however with the rns-e... If you are putting such music files onto the card just make sure the song title is no longer than 16 characters, shorten it or it will not read it....

Plenty of options around mate for this, media controllers the lot.. Just need to have a buzz around the forum to see what suits your aquired taste ;)

Who uses CD's in cars nowadays anyway? This is the exact reason why RNSE's have SD card readers and two of them. Just make sure the file format is in MP3 or the disc you have added to your iTunes library is ripped onto the computer in MP3 not MP4 etc when you put them on the SD card.

Another trick, especially with the older RNSE (which you will probably have if its a 58 plate) is to separate each CD album into separate files on the card otherwise the RNSE will take ages to load up all the songs every time you put the card in or select a big file. Good example is if you have a couple of 3 disc albums split up the discs into 3 files for each disc, so for example Trance anthems > Disc 1 > 20 songs. Ss opposed to what i did which was Trance Anthems > All 60 songs in one file, and it takes forever to load the songs! Hope that helps!!

Reactions: Jinxy-S3
Knowing nowt about computers , rips, files and the like it's no help whatsoever lol
Just gonna use the iPod via aux 😳😔

Knowing nowt about computers , rips, files and the like it's no help whatsoever lol
Just gonna use the iPod via aux ������������

Haha probably your best idea then mate... Or look into retrofitting the cd changer into the glove box.. It takes just as much computer knowledge to load files onto cards than it does to load them onto an ipod if im honest... Only potential problems that come to audio file noobs is if you buy all your music from itunes

Reactions: Jinxy-S3