First night drive

WAFTER

Reaction score
Lovely moonlight night and my first nocturnal roof down drive, a delightful swift silent wafting experience ( what is it with those who like to drive a closed in box - but then I've been an al fresco 2 seater sports car driver all my life till now & had spent the sunny warm afternoon in a noisy hot Aston Martin DB4 stuck in a motorway jam ) - however I digress.......................
Noticed how dim the red centre console instrument lighting was, in fact could barely discern they were illuminated at all, and as the buttons for the air distribution etc are so tiny turned the dimmer up. Ouch! I was then blinded by the white main instrument lights which were far too bright for practical night driving if you want to preserve your night vision. Inconvenient and thus not impressed.

The word Ambient lighting pretty much means that mate, its not supposed to be like landing at gatwick lmfao.

I personally have no issues with white dis, its hell of allot clearer & better than the red version.

The word Ambient lighting pretty much means that mate, its not supposed to be like landing at gatwick lmfao.

I personally have no issues with white dis, its hell of allot clearer & better than the red version.

+1, don't find the white instrument lights too bright either. We have it turned to the full and never touch it....

I wonder if this is a MY11 thing because my first reaction was the same , dim red and brilliant blinding white. It maybe a personal thing because different people see light in different intensities. For example you need a third more light at 50 than you do at 30 years old. as i have got older i have found on comming lights have a more blinding effect as your pupils slow down to react in changing lights.
The bottom line is Audi have compromised as usual with half the dash now in modern white and half in LCD type "1970's watch" push the button to make it work, style :)

There is your next job Nige...red on bright fixed and white on the dimmer wheel :)

never had any issues either, i've also got my RNS-E on daylight colours all the time as I dont like the night colours. Maybe its like Paddy says & i'm getting old LOL

Amar06fbr had changed all the LEDs to white, including the RNS-E - damn brave man!!!

Loved the Gatwick observation, very droll, but feel real old now 'cos several times on that journey I found oncoming headlights so bright I lost most night vison and was forced to brake, something I don't recall doing many times before. Mmm better admit how old I am then, but maybe not - yet.