1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First impressions of my A3 1.8t sports

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by poweller, Aug 4, 2006.

1. poweller

poweller Member

Picked up my new motor this evening, a 2000 A3 1.8t sports..

Its a lovely motor, engine is nice and torquey and the power band is pretty smooth..Not the animal my old gti-6 was though.. no where near as revvy..also sounds like a bloody diesel! whats that all about!

handling is alot better than I expected, I wouldnt say fun but it feels pretty competent on the turn in with loads of front end grip. Not as chuckable as my old gti-6 though.

Feels like a proper quality product- then again I have been driving french hatchbacks all my driving life!!

Couple of questions- it didnt come with any mats- are these easy to pick up- ebay maybe?

The previous owner had taken the cd changer out- seen there are a few on ebay but pretty expensive..anywhere else do them? I have an ipod so looking into the possibility of getting a kit for that- anyone done this?

cheers guys
  2. DPM

DPM Active Member Site Sponsor

Good cars the A3 1.8T's! If your after a CD changer i have a 6 disc one that's pretty much brand new!