1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First impressions of my A3 1.8t sports

poweller Aug 4, 2006

1. poweller

poweller Member

Picked up my new motor this evening, a 2000 A3 1.8t sports..

Its a lovely motor, engine is nice and torquey and the power band is pretty smooth..Not the animal my old gti-6 was though.. no where near as revvy..also sounds like a bloody diesel! whats that all about!

handling is alot better than I expected, I wouldnt say fun but it feels pretty competent on the turn in with loads of front end grip. Not as chuckable as my old gti-6 though.

Feels like a proper quality product- then again I have been driving french hatchbacks all my driving life!!

Couple of questions- it didnt come with any mats- are these easy to pick up- ebay maybe?

The previous owner had taken the cd changer out- seen there are a few on ebay but pretty expensive..anywhere else do them? I have an ipod so looking into the possibility of getting a kit for that- anyone done this?

cheers guys

2. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Good cars the A3 1.8T's! If your after a CD changer i have a 6 disc one that's pretty much brand new!