1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Audi - fixes and niggles

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Tripp, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Tripp

Tripp Member

[Aug 22, 2012]
    Hi all

Im new here and to audis in general.

I have bought 51plate audi A3 1.8 (none turbo) 3dr. Needless to say I love the way the car drives.

anyway there are a few things that I am wanting to correct. things I did and didnt spot when buying the car and things that have happened in the time I have had it.

1) WHAT I BROKE: I drove to my allotment..DONT LAUGH... I seem to have caught the bottom of the car and now have a peice of snapped plastic, which although still bolted in place, has a peice which is dangling down. it is towards the back of the car ,I hope the picture is helpful.
    [​IMG]

What is it for? do I need it? can i get a replacement?

2) What I SPOTTED: on the boot latch a peice of plastic has snapped off (see pic) where do I get a replacement?
    [​IMG]

3) WHAT I MISSED: I have noticed the driver door has dropped. Yes, I know it is a a common problem and I have read up on ways of fixing it. HOWEVER I do not want to trolly jack it until I have to. I read you can adjust the spacers in the door hinges BUT there is very poor explenations on how to do this (no pics basically) the only real write up was rather confusing.

can someone clearly tell me what I need to do to adjust the hinges in my specific model.

Thanks for any help you can give me, hopefully I can sort the door this weekend.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. Tripp

Tripp Member

[Aug 23, 2012]
    whoops, pasted the same picture twice.

all help welcome
  4. Greg-S3

Greg-S3 Active Member

[Aug 23, 2012]
    The plastic under trim isn't really needed, so you can remove it.

The boot striker trim can be replaced, remove the x4 torqs screws from the rear panel inner trim, pull the trim off and it'll allow you access to the flap. Find another one to replace it with from a breakers yard.

With the door check for play in the upper hinge, this can be done by holding the door open and gently wiggling the door up and down, if play can be felt, the upper hinge does have a small external torqs grub screw that can be tightened and that will take a little bit of the play out. Failing that, me personally I'd by a new upper hinge!!

Hope that helps!
  5. Tripp

Tripp Member

[Aug 25, 2012]
    Thanks, im going to have a look for play, if I do decide to replace the hinge(s) 1) what is the part number 2) would I be able to get it in a matching colour to my car or would I need to Spray it.

One more thing - I have a none BOSE system with a pioneer DEH 1200mp HeadUnit the front and rear speaker work but the sub does not. Whats the best way of getting this going again, will I need to buy a sperate amp?