1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First 48 hours ownership

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by Pganders, May 18, 2013.

1. Pganders

Pganders Member

[May 18, 2013]
    Hi there,

Finally picked up my A3 1.4 tfsi Sport Sportback on Thursday. Order placed 16 February, so 3 months exactly.

Fairly standard spec with only extras:

Amalfi White
    Comfort Pack
    Xenon Light Pack which also includes the Interior Light Pack
    SD Sat Nav (the free upgrade)
    deselected Sport suspension.

Well first impressions are excellent. Dashboard/ interior is superb - those detractors of the looks are missing the point, and faultless quality.

Ive no regrets going for the 1.4 as I do only 8-9k miles per year and it is extremely quiet - hard to tell if it is running at times. Was a bit wary as I moved from a 163bhp diesel (Volvo D3). initial feel is that the petrol gives a better range of useable acceleration - trying to resist flooring the accelerator until the engine has had a chance to bed in a bit! With the diesel it was all or nothing, you either had power or you didn't .

Comfort is first class, happy that I deselected the Sport suspension and I think looks ok.

Standard audio sounds good once a bit of tweaking done with the settings!

Went out last night for a drive in the dark to test the lights. Boy, those Xenons are something else. Don't think now I would ever go back to halogens now that I've tried these. Found it a bit strange at first the way the lights turn with the car but soon got used to them. They light the road up really well.

Negatives? Struggling to think of any at this stage, hmm. No, none!! Here's hoping it stays that way.

Once the weather improves again (pouring at moment) and I figure out how, Ill post some photos.

Must go for another spin.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[May 18, 2013]
    Sounds great. Enjoy your new 'toy' Xenons are like air conditioning. Once you've had a car with them on you will never want to be without them.