fing sky

Sky is normal TV, has been for years - get with the program, this is the digital age my friend!

IMO sky is NOT normal tv! I work shifts, but still want to watch good telly. So I'm afraid I object to paying like £40 a month for something i will hardly ever watch - just for the one or two decent programs I am home to see :crying:

And crap is all you'll get on "proper" soon to be switched off analogue TV.
Sky+ enables you watch what you want when you want so not being home is hardly an excuse these days, an absolute must for people who don't watch a lot of TV.
Anyway back to the footy, good job I paused it to browse the forum.

Binned my Sky a couple of years ago due to little use, but then I was pretty much living at the other 1/2's house so there wasnt any need for it! Managed for a long time with freeview which at least offered some variety, then discovered downloaded american tv programs! Now i've started work a couple of weeks ago for Sky's competitor i'll be getting a free phone line, 20mb broadband & their top tv package (excl Sky sports & Movies) with the V+ HD box for £15 a month!! Couldnt really say no to that so its being installed next saturday morning!!

Personally I don't know anyone who hasn't got Sky. Makes me laugh that people won't pay £1 a day to watch quality digital TV, but quite happy to spend £15+ to go to the cinema and watch a shyte film, or £12.99 for an average film on DVD that will be watched once and then sit on a shelf for the rest of its life.
Freeview? Yes nothing like all the crap channels delivered over a flaky line of site analogue aerial
As for downloading stuff, who on earth can be *****? If you've got that much time on your hands do something useful with it.

no I won`t .................. I totally dissagree, there is enough to go at on porper tv.

She is not even 2 yet so cbbc and citv will do for now and and she gets older i`ll limit her tv watching anyhow.

I hate paying the std tv licence and anything I really want I download.

It also riles me that my soon to be brother in law has sky but then wont let the wife to be have broadband because it will cost too much ?????? I think its more like hes too thick to understand it lol

Got rid of Sky when the kids grew up, me and the missus found we were just not using it so it had to go.

Do miss the very occasional footy match that is Sky only but there is always the local pub and it tends to be a brilliant atmosphere in the local with other people.

I also spend to much time in front of a computer so telly watching is a no no.

Lifes to short

Poor kid is probably bored of channel 3. Get her some proper kids channels like MTV and Kerrang

:uhm: or better still encourage her not to be reliant on tv for entertainment!!
Lottie what a wicked thing to say :shutup2: I'm so hoping it was in jest :asskicking:

Binned my Sky a couple of years ago due to little use, but then I was pretty much living at the other 1/2's house so there wasnt any need for it! Managed for a long time with freeview which at least offered some variety, then discovered downloaded american tv programs! Now i've started work a couple of weeks ago for Sky's competitor i'll be getting a free phone line, 20mb broadband & their top tv package (excl Sky sports & Movies) with the V+ HD box for £15 a month!! Couldnt really say no to that so its being installed next saturday morning!!

you are aware that this will be an introductory rate. it will end up around the 60quid a month mark. and you will most likley be in an 18-24month contract. i wouldnt be surprised if they added your box rental on after the first 12months either.

if i were you id be going over the contract with a microscope. before the install.

you are aware that this will be an introductory rate. it will end up around the 60quid a month mark. and you will most likley be in an 18-24month contract. i wouldnt be surprised if they added your box rental on after the first 12months either.

if i were you id be going over the contract with a microscope. before the install.

Its a solid deal for all Virgin Media employees not just an introductory rate so im totally safe on this front! :rockwoot: