1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Find me some wheels...

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by will89, May 5, 2011.

1. will89

will89 Member

Looking for a nice set of alloys, 17-19inch, no more than £550 Inc Tyres. I can use my current 17 Tyres if needed. Dont mind used as long as they don't need a refurb.

Good luck!!

Quite a few on eBay but are they worth it with the budget Tyres?

Cheers.
  2. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Don't bother with budget tyres, that said you can usually upgrade if you speak to them. Personally I'm not a fan of reps. especially not unless you can see them first as the quality/weight can vary so much. You should be able to pick up a good set of oem wheels for that budget.
  3. will89

will89 Member

Well was thinking of refurbing mine myself but not sure how it would turn out with the curbing and how long it would last too.
  4. quattrojames

I did mine myself, if you've got the time to do it it's fairly straightforward.
  5. will89

will89 Member

Have yours chipped at all?
  6. pj123

pj123 Member

I'm thinking of refurbing a set as i have a compressor and spray gun. Where's the best place to buy paint and what type?
  7. AJB Audi

AJB Audi Member

I had my OEM wheels refurbished shortly after I bought my car (they are the 5 spoke, 17" that came with the Sport model). They were done on a private basis by the guy who has the contract with my local Audi dealer. Some of the wheels were badly marked in several places and I was a bit sceptical that a refurb would achieve the desired result. But I was assured by someone at the Audi dealer that the guy would do a good job and that certainly proved to be the case. He also had all the standard Audi paint colours so they matched a treat and still look as good more than two years later. From memory it cost about £150 (cash) in total for four wheels and in terms of the overall effect on the car it's the best £150 I have ever spent. (It also explains why all the used cars at the local dealer have wheels that look so good - and there was me thinking that it was because all Audi owners drive so carefully that they never curb their wheels!!)
  8. quattrojames

My wheels had been on about a week when my cambelt skipped and the car had to be recovered. During the heartache that followed the car had to be recovered 3 additional times, and on one of those occassions all 4 wheels were badly damaged by the ratchet part of the strap.

As such I kinda lost the love for them, hence why they're being redone soon. There were minimal chips though, I'd say the paint was virtually as hard as from a proper job.
  9. quattrojames

In the part numbers sticky is the part number for Avus silver which is what you want. Halfords do an "aluminium silver" which is the same colour and cheaper, but I only did the insides with this as it doesn't apply quite so well.
  10. Mike B

Mike B Member

You might get lucky on ebay if you watch closely.I recently got 5 s lines 245 45 18s with top Michelin and Pirrellis one unused and other less than half worn for £400 but the seller said he had posted them 30mins before only 15miles away so no carriage cost