Finally!

SJR88

Reaction score
As some of you probably remember my A3 Sportback S Tronic I ordered in Feb arrived at the end of April with a manual transmission.

The salesman was a bit vague about who's fault it was and I got the impression he just wanted to get a new order in as quick as possible and as well as being gutted about it all, I just felt a bit uncomfortable about how the salesman was acting.

Anyway after doing some complaining I discovered the salesman hadn't even told the General Sales Manager (which he said he had). To cut a long story short, I didn't feel like the situation was getting better (being told that they will try and get a new one asap, however the wait had recently jumped to 5 months). After getting in touch with Audi UK Customer Service they were no more helpful. Eventually after an e-mail complaint to Andre Konsbruck - Brand Director (I think that's his name), things started getting somewhere.

I was called by the Head of Business of the branch that I ordered the car at, and he couldn't have been more helpful. He provided me with an A6 loan car straight away. He tried to re-spec an existing order to get my car quicker but couldn't do it as it was too late, however has managed to put a completely new order in last week which has a mid May build week and hopefully mid June delivery. He added £480 worth of options to it at their expense. I eventually found out that it was the salesman's fault that the original order was wrong - and he has since had the cheek to be nasty with me after all this ringing me saying "we need the A6 back now, that's our car, we'll send somebody to pick it up if you can't bring it". After more messing they provided me with an A4 Allroad, as the A6 was a demo car, however they're supposed to be changing that next week because the fuel economy isn't the best!

So basically it was quite a disappointment having to do all the chasing and go through all that as it was ruining the whole experience, however the Head of Business has definitely turned that around. I'm yet to pick up my new order form, however I think everything should be ok this time.

Reactions: phil1824
Thank you for sharing the story. Very useful. I hope you enjoy your new car when it finally arrives!
Phil

Thanks for taking the time to update, hopefully you'll get the result you want.

It's such a shame that some people working within dealerships just don't understand the concept of good customer service. I think we as a nation don't do enough complaining when we are let down, but this might be slowly changing :)

Reactions: SJR88
Fingers crossed it all comes good in the end for you mate, that sort of thing gives me a sickening feeling for you

Reactions: Acri16 and SJR88
Its a pity the salesman couldn't put his hands up and say 'my fault' then it would have been a less stressful and quicker resolution for you, the customer !

Steve

I'm glad it's being sorted for you now, the salesman seems to be a right ******. Don't forget to mention that in the customer survey :)

Thanks for all your replies... It's definitely been hard work and it shouldn't be like this for a customer getting a new car, especially from a brand like Audi.

Reactions: Pulp84 and phil1824
Hi everyone. Just a couple of questions.

1. I haven't yet received my new order form, however I'm concerned about something. I specced aluminium window trims - original form said 'high gloss pack' which was the same price. I questioned this and the untrustworthy salesman vaguely said it's ok, whether he just left it on for the price sake or whether that actually means window trims, I'd be grateful if someone could clarify this?

2. After being given an A3 S Line as a courtesy car with the larger MMI I'm worried that my standard MMI may seem small (especially having the reverse camera). Can people with the standard MMI clarify how the screen appears in size, because I've never actually seen the standard one.

Thanks in advance :)