Finally Washed my car after months.

Mr.G

Reaction score
As we (Gf and I) recently bought a new build house it's been a nightmare as we are practically living on a building site. Roads are always muddy from machinery up and down and the car had seen better days, I really felt it needed a wash on the weekend so continued with the usual TBM and then a final spritz with G-Techniq C2.

Not much time left after so only a few shots. I've used HDR shots from the iPhone4 as the detail in normal shots wasn't captured.

1000000696.jpg

1000000698.jpg

1000000699.jpg

1000000702.jpg

1000000704.jpg

Sitting nice on Bilstein B8's/H&R's.
1000000706.jpg

1000000708.jpg

1000000710.jpg

Can't wait to refine the paint a little over the summer and finally get to spend some quality time improving the car, was thinking about removing seats etc and giving it a "proper" clean inside the cabin.

Thanks for taking the time to look! :)

G

Looking good as always dude!!

On the basis of those photos: don't go with wool!

Nice soft pads and a very high gloss finishing polish (hint: Wolf's Chemicals Fine Cut Polish (WP-2N) | Wolf's Chemicals Car Care & Detailing Products ) should be all you need.

:)

John interested to know why you'd say don't go with wool? You've probably seen some of my threads about detailing my car, it does have a few "extremely light" swirls in the clear coat at the moment but that's to be expected due to the building site I'm living on at the moment, I've detailed the car twice in total, not wanting to remove too many microns what would you suggest I do to remove these light swirls? I was thinking very light cut, with wool (as I've not tried it) but think you have something else in mind. I'd rather use my Menz products with a light cut pad as I already have all that I would need, would there be any point in me buying what you've pointed out?

Thanks for the replies!

G

Because wool has an extremely high cut level and it won't be necessary on your car.

Our wool pads offer more cut than any of the foam pads we offer - for your car, a soft foam and finishing polish will nip out the swirls and leave a high gloss finish; wool will remove the swirls but probably induce its own marks (pigtailing) which will then have to be machined out with foam and progressively less abrasive polishes.

The Lake Country Crimson Hydro Tech pads and the Wolf's polish I've noted will be ideal and on VAG paint, I'd be amazed if you removed anything close to one micron with that combination.

As you've got the Menz and a light cut pad, that'll be fine (I assume it's 85RE you have? It'll be ideal. You could go to a softer pad but the light cut orange should be fine).

Because wool has an extremely high cut level and it won't be necessary on your car.

Our wool pads offer more cut than any of the foam pads we offer - for your car, a soft foam and finishing polish will nip out the swirls and leave a high gloss finish; wool will remove the swirls but probably induce its own marks (pigtailing) which will then have to be machined out with foam and progressively less abrasive polishes.

The Lake Country Crimson Hydro Tech pads and the Wolf's polish I've noted will be ideal and on VAG paint, I'd be amazed if you removed anything close to one micron with that combination.

As you've got the Menz and a light cut pad, that'll be fine (I assume it's 85RE you have? It'll be ideal. You could go to a softer pad but the light cut orange should be fine).

John, Thanks very much for the advice. I'm very much appreciate your help. I do have blue and black Lake country pads along with the G-Techniq line of pads.

I do also have the complete Menz line of compounds as well which I'm hoping to use, so I have 85RD and 85RD 3.02, S100, PO106FA, and PO203S. Not sure that the 106FA would be the correct product as its a fair amount of cut, so you'd defo suggest to use 85RD?

Should i refine that even further or leave it at that? I have G-Techniq P1 and P2.

G

John, Thanks very much for the advice. I'm very much appreciate your help. I do have blue and black Lake country pads along with the G-Techniq line of pads.

I do also have the complete Menz line of compounds as well which I'm hoping to use, so I have 85RD and 85RD 3.02, S100, PO106FA, and PO203S. Not sure that the 106FA would be the correct product as its a fair amount of cut, so you'd defo suggest to use 85RD?

Should i refine that even further or leave it at that? I have G-Techniq P1 and P2.

G

We don't stock 85RD, only 85RE (the newer version) but in terms of cut they're broadly similar so from what you have, that'd definitely be the best option.

We don't stock GTechniq so I have no idea how they'd fair.

I'd go with 85RD (or RE) with a nice soft finishing pad like the Lake Country Hydro Tech Crimson: Lake Country 140 mm Hydro-Tech Pads | Lake Country Car Care & Detailing Products

:)