Finally the Deal has been done...

DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score
Here is the order form... I am over the moon with the discount adn getting it from a local dealer.

Order Form

Dave

Coldsteel how did you go on mate?

Dave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Exactly, Its around 14 Weeks off.....

I'm on me hols for 2 weeks so in my eyes 12 weeks.

I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. Does it sound like a fair deal, In my eyes it does.

Looks like you got £1529 discount, which gives you a discount percentage of 5.4%.
It is up to you whether you are happy with that.

Enjoy the new car mate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think the discount is bigger than that after adding Bodykit / tinted windows.

It was equal to DTD quote after their charges etc...

I think Total it came to around 27900, Si I don't think its a bad do.

Should be good..

Ive never been one for red Cars but I think Misano Red looks stunning!!!!!

Can't Wait

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't mean to burst your bubble but my 3.2Q DSG with RNS-E satnav and full leather cost exactly £27,900 through leasing company.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ye but the 3.2 aren't selling well and big discounts are being given.

Besides the 3.2 wouldn't fit my lifestyle and driving style.

Dave

Good choice of options Dave, not to different from mine.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I think the discount is bigger than that after adding Bodykit / tinted windows.

It was equal to DTD quote after their charges etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

And you got it for £26,300. £1,600 discount = 6% (on VAT price). DTD shows 10% at the mo. Your dealer doesn't appear to reward family loyalty very well.

Anyhoo, well done on the car.

[ QUOTE ]
Besides the 3.2 wouldn't fit my lifestyle and driving style

[/ QUOTE ]

...or your username /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyways, congrats on a nice car!!

[ QUOTE ]
......Your dealer doesn't appear to reward family loyalty very well.

Anyhoo, well done on the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the 2.0TDI was the old mans all along???

Just can't wait now, August 05 delivery estimate, but if the SFG comes week 22 then I would imahin it would be lates July Early August.

Dave

Hehehehe, I was going for this colour along time ago.

No worries.... Is It really nice, Ive seen in on a manky day and on other cars. But not in the sunshine!!!!

It is done.

Just need to think about GAP insurance and the fixed price service. The later seems attractive.

Placed the order last Saturday 16th. I didn't get the price I wanted but a respectable bargain in the end. I had authority (from the misses) to have open sky but the good sales person said it wasn't really worth it, I sat in a sline with the black head lining and I can see what a difference it would make to a dark interior but it wasn't what I expected so I had to keep the grand.

Can't say I was impressed with the dealer, having dealt with 3 previously approachable and personable individuals at the dealership.

The person who closed the deal, gave a 30 minute or so story about the place having to make money, paying for a face to talk to, referred to the Internet "as only being good for buying books worth £14 and nothing else". yarda yarda yarda . The person was condescending and tried to place doubt on my own research. It seemed paying an extra £500 for a "face to talk to" was so that he could be rude. (The person had their hands in pockets whilst sitting down all the way through and did not wear a tie, looked like they had slept in the clothes they stood in) His staff were far more professional and were turned out well as you would expect from a prestige motor company.

Overall I am well ever happy with what I will be getting in a number of weeks, but I was not left with an elevated feeling of "I'm getting a brand new car soon" which is what I was expecting.

**These are my own views and are not intended to be malicious or slanderous.***

When is yours Due? Waiting for New Grill 2006 Model?

What spec did you go for?

Mines expected August.

Dave

Went for a Sportback. Dealership were not able to confirm a "due" date. I will be ringing them on Monday.

glad you found a decent deal, but maybe you should let the dealer know you bought despite the sales guy rather than because of him. Otherwise there is a danger that his colleagues will think that being a rude and scruffy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif is the way ahead!

A letter of complaint is on its way to the manager of the dealership.