Finally put my car on the Dyno... what do you guys think?

Gryphon001

Reaction score
So since one of the local car shows conveniently had a Dyno boothe set up, I decided to go for it. I couldn't say no to the $45CAD price, that would have been about 20-25 pounds I think. The car is running on the APR 93 octane software, with the Carbonio intake and Neuspeed light weight crankshaft pulley being the only other mods.

The results were 219Whp on the first run and 222Whp on the second, with the torque being somewhere in the 270 ft lb range for both runs. Do you guys think those are decent figures considering the minor mods to the car?

Here is a vid and some pics from the show...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiLxEJlLjg8

Dynopic2sml.jpg

Dynopic3sml.jpg

VK2sml.jpg

VK6sml.jpg

VK4sml.jpg

VK7sml.jpg

VK8sml.jpg

VK11sml.jpg

VK9sml.jpg

VK10sml.jpg

That's it for now, still working on getting the auto-x and rest of show pics and videos.

... forgot to mention that it was somewhere in the 35*C+ that day with about 70% humidity... I roasted myself to a crisp in the few hours I was out there so I can only imagine how the car felt about it.

Last edited:
Are you sure thats not crank HP? As that would equate to around 280 or more @ the Fly for a std car. She isnt even chipped is she?

Nice pics of yours and the others though

The car is chipped... it's the APR software. They offer 91, 93 and 100 octane programs and mine was running the 93 octane program on 94 octane fuel. The specs from APR are that a stock car with the 93 octane program only, puts out 252Hp at the crank and 303ft lb of torque. With the intake and lighter pulley it stands to reason that the car would be putting out somewhere in the range of 260-ish at the crank (Carbonio doesn't post expected gain figures for their intakes as far as I know and Neuspeed claims 5-7Hp gain with the pulley which is likely an exagerated claim). With it being only a front wheel drive the drive train loss shouldn't be all that great. Around 40Hp loss would make sense I think. But than again I am not very well versed in how these things are calculated so I can't really speak with much authority.

That's why I posted it on here.

Not sure if it makes a difference but I also have the K&N filter installed... I never really believed that that would ever really contribute much if any gains though, that's why I never mentioned it.

Last edited:
Your car looks really nice mate! And there some nice cars there aswell! That R8, Ibis White A3 and S4 look yummy :) Good video aswell.

In which case it's all good mate, wasn't sure as i had no idea of all your mods. Nice power output and good tirque figure, should make for a quick car..

Nice one

The car is chipped... it's the APR software. They offer 91, 93 and 100 octane programs and mine was running the 93 octane program on 94 octane fuel. The specs from APR are that a stock car with the 93 octane program only, puts out 252Hp at the crank and 303ft lb of torque. With the intake and lighter pulley it stands to reason that the car would be putting out somewhere in the range of 260-ish at the crank (Carbonio doesn't post expected gain figures for their intakes as far as I know and Neuspeed claims 5-7Hp gain with the pulley which is likely an exagerated claim). With it being only a front wheel drive the drive train loss shouldn't be all that great. Around 40Hp loss would make sense I think. But than again I am not very well versed in how these things are calculated so I can't really speak with much authority.

That's why I posted it on here.

Not sure if it makes a difference but I also have the K&N filter installed... I never really believed that that would ever really contribute much if any gains though, that's why I never mentioned it.